Chapter 2.

A/n: Hello, everyone! So, here's the second and final chapter of this. It was supposed to be a one-shot in the beginning, but I thought it'd be too long. But, this is kinda like the song fic part of the story. It follows along to the song 'I hate you, I love you' by Gnash, as I said in the last chapter. This chapter is pretty emotional. So, please enjoy!

{Narrator's POV}
They both stood there, silence in the air. They hadn't had a full conversation in almost two years. What could they say?
~
Feelin used, but I'm still missing you, and I can't...see the end of this.
~
Before either of them could start something, Star's eyes filled with tears, and she fell to the ground. Marco's eyes widened, and his old instincts kicked in, running towards her and kneeling down to see if she was okay.
~
Just wanna feel your kiss against my lips.
And now all this time is passing by.
~
Before he could think about what he was about to do, Marco brought his former best friend into a tight embrace, both of them falling to the floor. Star sobbed into the brunette's shoulder. Marco sat there until her crying ceased. When her cries slowed down, she looked at the boy holding her close.
~
But I still can't seem to tell you why it hurts me every time I see you realize how much I need you.
~
His eyes sparkled with tears, and he gave a small smile, consoling her. "Y-you okay now?" Before anything, realization kicked in for both of them, and they pulled away, and stood up.
~
I hate you I love you. I hate that I love you don't want to, but I can't put nobody else above you.
~
Star cleared her throat. "Y-yeah...I'm fine." She said bitterly. Marco scoffed "Whatever. Like I care." Then came another five minutes of pure silence. "Marco?" "Yes?" Star sighed, and turned towards him. "Can I at least know what I did that lead to you leaving me for n-no reason?"
~
I hate you I love you. I hate that I want you
you want her, you need her and I'll never be her.
~
Another realization hit the brunette as he turned towards her and sighed. "Nothing..." "Then why'd you forget about me...why'd you leave me b-broken? Marco, I was a wreck when you stopped talking to me. It started off with less movie nights, then none, then you didn't even talk to me...what happened?"
~
I miss you when I can't sleep or right after coffee or right when I can't eat.
~
Marco felt himself get weak as he stammered on words. "I don't...know.." he mumbled. "But then why'd we stop talking? Why'd we stop hanging out? What happened between us?" Star whispered, tearing up once more.
~
I miss you in my front seat. still got sand in my sweaters from nights we don't remember. Do you miss me like I miss you?
~
Marco hesitated, not knowing what to say before walking towards the blonde princess. Before long they stood face to face, his lips close to hers.  "M-Marco?" Star whispered. She was confused, and he knew that. So was he.
~
Fucked around and got attached to you. Friends can break your heart too, and
I'm always tired but never of you.
~
"I'm sorry..." She felt his breath against her lips as he mumbled the words she'd been waiting to hear for a year. "W-what?" She breathed. "I'm sorry!" He said louder, pulling away from her and pacing the floor. She jumped back, caught off guard.
~
If I pulled a you on you, you wouldn't like that shit. I put this real out, but you wouldn't bite that shit. I type a text but then I nevermind that shit. I got these feelings but you never mind that shit.
~
"I'm sorry for everything! I'm sorry for forgetting about you, I'm sorry for leaving you, I'm sorry for tripping you at lunch today and acting like a total asshole. I'm sorry for everything...."
~
Oh oh, keep it on the low. You're still in love with me but your friends don't know. If u wanted me you would just say so and if I were you, I would never let me go.
~
Star stood there, not knowing what to say. "Well?" She heard Marco say. He had a tone of voice she'd never heard. A mixture of anger, hesitation, and embarrassment. After a minute, the blonde smiled.
~
I don't mean no harm. I just miss you on my arms. Wedding bells were just alarms.
Caution tape around my heart.
~
"What?" Marco asked, seeing the smile on Star's face. He forgot how beautiful she looked. "C'mere." She whispered. He followed her order, and walked towards her. They were face to face. It only took a second before Star's arms were wrapped around her neck and her head fell on his shoulder.
~
You ever wonder what we could have been? You said you wouldn't and you fucking did. Lie to me, lie with me, get your fucking fix. Now all my drinks and all my feelings are all fucking mixed.
~
"Do you really mean all of this?" She felt his head nod up and down, and sighed. "I've missed this..."
~
Always missing people that I shouldn't be missing. Sometimes you gotta burn some bridges just to create some distance
I know that I control my thoughts and I should stop reminiscing, but I learned from my dad that it's good to have feelings.
~
"Missed what?"
"You..."
"Oh."
"Marco?"
"Hm?" She pulled away and looked up at him.
"What about Jackie?" Star knew something was wrong as he put his head down.
~
When love and trust are gone,
I guess this is moving on. Everyone I do right does me wrong, so every lonely night, I sing this song.
~
"We broke up..." Marco finally confessed. Star gasped. "W-what? Why?" "After my mom yelled at me for everything that happened between you and I, I told Jackie things weren't working and someone needed me more. I guess I finally realized who I needed more too."
~
I hate you I love you. I hate that I love you. Don't want to, but I can't put. Nobody else above you. I hate you I love you. I hate that I want you. You want her, you need her. And I'll never be her.
~
Both of them felt their faces heat up as his hands found her waist, pulling her closer to him. He looked into her eyes, and smiled. "Star..." he whispered.
~
All alone I watch you watch her. Like she's the only girl you've ever seen. You don't care you never did. You don't give a damn about me.
~
And with that, his lips brushed up against hers and her arms snaked around his neck. Their kiss, starting off small, became more passionate the longer they did it. He brought her closer, their bodies now touching. "M-Marco..." Star mumbled against his lips before they pulled away slowly.
~
Yeah all alone I watch you watch her. She's the only thing you've ever seen. How is it you'll never notice. That you are slowly killing me.
~
They both stood their for a minute, taking everything in. The only thing that could be heard was a small giggle from the blonde, and before long, both of them bursted into laughter. "What just happened?" Star asked. They both fell on her bed in a fit of laughter.
~
I hate you I love you. I hate that I love you
Don't want to, but I can't put nobody else above you.
~
When their laughter ceased, they laid in her bed, cuddling close to each other. "Marco?" "Hm?" He asked, half asleep. "I missed you.." the last thing he remembered before falling asleep was kissing her forehead and saying "I missed you too, Star...."
~
I hate you I love you. I hate that I want you
You want her, you need her. And I'll never be her.