Chapter 32 - Discovered

I know I said I wasn't going to update but I couldn't bring myself to write a book about my family, not yet, not until court is through. So I took my stress out and my worry on this chapter, it's not my best but it's well over due for an update. For those who are STILL hanging in there with me and reading this, I love you all! More then you know, && you are the only reason for an update! Thank each and everyone of you so much! Now go on and read and I promise it won't be so long before the next update!!

HARMONY POV

My eyes drifted over the city below me and a pang of loss gripped tight in my chest. "You okay little one?" Carson's warm voice whispered in my ear as his arms wrapped around my waist. I leaned into him for support and warmth. I couldn't speak my emotions were clogging my throat so I simply nodded leaning my head back to rest on his shoulder. It has been an amazing vacation, one I will never forget. Carson has been simply amazing, everyday was like dream and now it's time to leave. Time to go back to reality, to the pack to be announced as luna and time to leave my old home once again. Surprisingly it's not nearly as hard to leave this time, not now, not now that I have Carson and a home to go back to.

As if on cue Carson whispered into my ear, sending shivers through my body. "You about ready to go little one?" His voice was husky but I detected the hint of sadness in his voice also, he didn't want to go. It has been an amazing time for both of us. No crazy business, no drama just the two of us in one of my favorite cities in the world. My own dear Miami. I turned in his is arms and wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling up at him. "I guess, got to get back to reality sooner or later right?" His lips closed down on mine kissing me softly and shortly before he lifted is his head and studied me. I felt tingles run through my body as he brushed a hair off my face. "Come on I little one, finish packing and I'll go grab us some lunch."

CARSON POV

I knew Harmony didn't want to go, I could feel it like it was my own feelings, actually I think that was my own feelings. This time here, with her, has been the best of my life. No alpha duties or drama just an amazing city and the girl of my dreams, my mate and my future. "Come on I little one, finish packing and I'll go grab us some lunch." Our plane left this evening at three and I was truly starting to dread it. Harmony smiled at me ran her and over my cheek making me growl lowly with pleasure of her touch. "Why don't you pack and I'll go grab lunch?" My eyes shot open and I studied her, she knows I don't like her going out by herself. I have yet to tell her about the other wolf scent that has been around us since we got here.

I pushed it aside assuming there was one living here seeing as how we have yet to see it or have any issues. I growled lowly letting her know I nor my wolf agreed with her going out alone. "Oh come on Carson, it's daylight, the sub shop is only two blocks from here and I will bring my pepper spray if you just insist." I grinned at her rolling her eyes, I made her carry the spray on her every where she went, although she is strong it makes me feel better. I mean hell when she accidentally sprayed me in the eyes it brought me to my knees. Before I could focus back on my beautiful mate her lips were brushing across my cheek. "Thanks babe, I'll be right back." She turned and slipped out of my grip winking at me over her shoulder.

"Harmony, I mean it, you keep your mind link open at all times, talk to me the whole way there and back." I heard her growl as she shut the door behind me. 'Yes father, this okay with you?' Her words snapped into my head making me smile at her fiery temper. Call me fatherly or overprotective, I don't care I will never lose my mate again as long as I have something to say about it. 'Yes little one, just like that, thank you!' I heard her growl at my sweet tone and tried not to laugh. She was one hell woman and she is all mine.

HARMONY POV

I growled at Carson again, he was laughing at me. What an ass! I shook my head as I stepped out of the hen hotels glass doors and turned making my way down the side walk. I instantly felt like I was being watched but shoved it aside, it's Miami I am sure I was being watched. I tried to sooth myself from the feeling and Carson's annoying attitude as I slowed my pace and strolled down the block. Taken the long way to enjoy the view, it was after all my hometown and I was going to miss it.

HUNT POV

I can't believe Carson let her out of the room without her, what an idiot! I followed closer than usual since Carson wasn't around. I had to keep an eye on her, this was my only shot to get her alone and I would not fail again. I growled without thinking about it when she slipped down an empty street, her eyes were everywhere but in front of her. Stupid girl she is taking damn scenic route, no way in hell Carson knows this. It's now or never, I took a deep calming breath, I had to get this right, perfect or I'd never get another shot. With that thought controlling me I slipped out from my cover and closed the distance between me and Harmony.

HARMONY POV

'DANGER!' It was one word that had my knees going weak and the hair on the back of yay neck standing up. My wolf growled lowly inside me as I heard footsteps approaching me. People walking in Miami was not an unusual thing but something about the person behind me had me and my wolf on edge. I dared a glance over my shoulder and seen a tall form slink out from behind a car. They took long stride towards me, not trying to see if my wolf was right or wrong I glanced back infront of me. How in the hell did I manage to get on a deserted street. Damn it Carson is going to kill me. 'Carson, something is wrong!' I quickly linked him but tried to keep my calm so he wouldn't freak.

My feet instinctively moved fast until I was almost at a jog. I threw another glance over my shoulder and seen the man was now only a few yards behind me. So much for not making a scene. I felt my legs move on their own accord, jerking around I was running at top pace down the street, my eyes searching frantically for a way out of a group of people. 'HARMONY ANSWER ME DAMN IT!' I realized I was ignoring Carson due to my sudden fear, 'someones following me, Carson he's gaining on me, he..' I felt hands wrap around me and push me roughly against a brick wall. A scream slipped past my lips and I went in to defense mode. Growling and swinging, my fight only lasted for a moment.

Strong hands held me tightly against the wall and the hooded jacket fell off the mans head exposing him to my view. "Hunter?" I gasped, relief washed over me only for a moment before fear took over at the memory's of him being there the last time I was taken and so brutulaty attacked.

CARSON POV

I had no idea where I was going but I knew I was moving. My wolf instinct strictly guiding me as I ran through the hotel lobby knocking people down that didn't move out of my way fast enough. Something was wrong I could feel Harmony's fear, damn it, I told her not to close the damn mind link! I ran down the street searching for her scent, which I located rather quickly.

I was on the hunt, no one will touch my mate, no one will live and get away with it. 'Hunter' Harmony's voice echoed in my mind, I heard her. A feral growl ripped through my chest and throat at the sound of it. So it was that bastard who had followed us around this whole time. He was to chicken shit to approach with me around, he waited to see Harmony alone and that's just what I allowed to happen. With all my reminding strength I focused not to shift, to let my wolf take over and tear the streets apart until my mate was in sight.

I turned a corner and immediately cursed Harmony for ever coming down this street, it was empty except for two scents, hers and the one I now knew was hunters. I ran beyond human speed until I froze in my tracks, the sight before me had me stopping and staring. Three figures stood aginst the wall but it only took realization that one was my mate for my wolf to take over.