Chapter 14 - Akward

Harmony POV

I can't remeber the last time I have laughed this hard. I walked into the school ahead of Mike who stopped to talk to Trey outside the double doors. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face still thinking about our morning of acting like a bunch of kids. We were late to school, but only missing first period. As I walked in the bell rang and I mentally groaned, I truly had hoped to beat the crowded hall way. Just my luck.

I shoved and ducked through the hallway till I finally got to my locker as the warning bell rang. Great, late for second period too! I dug through my locker getting my books for second and third period when I felt someone looking at me. I knew who it was from the way m body reacted. My heart raced in my chest and my breath came out in shorter faster takes. Slowly I closed my locker and looked down the hall where Carson stood leaning aginst the wall looking at me. I squirmed under his gaze, dont get me wrong, I KNEW I would see him, I am not trying to fool myself, we go to school together, a very SMALL school I might add. But I didnt expect my reaction to be this bad, my body betrayed me and longed for his touch and even my head couldn't come up with a good enough reason for me to stay away from him. 

My feet were frozen in place though. We stood staring at each other as the last of the students disappeared leaving only me and him in the hall way. His face softened and sadness crossed his features. I wanted to run to him, to wipe it away, regardless that I spent a majority of my night last night upset about him. My heart hurt to see his face so vulnerable. I went to walk towards him, I truly did, but a blonde haired girl walked around the corner and grabbed my attention. "Carson, baby there you are, I was wondering what happened to you!"

I literally growled when her hands went up his chest then around his neck, placing her body right on his. His eyes never left mine, but my growl grabbed her attention. She spun to look at me before narrowing her eyes and giving me one hell of a bitchy stare. I stood there, my mind screamed to leave, to get away, my wolf screamed to rip her limb from limb, and my heart broke yet again when the blonde girl turned around and planted her lips to his. To make matters worst, he kissed her back while looking at me the whole time!

I felt my wolf whimper in pain from the betrayal of our mate and my mind went up in flames! I wanted to now rip them both limb for limb. A low warning growl echoed down the empty hallway. Shocking the three of us standing there. I turned to see Mike standing beside me glaring at Carson and the stupid blonde bimbo. They broke apart and turned to face us, the blonde I now recognized as Jessica the girl I had seen my first day in town when I got here and again yesterday before school. Was that only yesterday? Her eyes widened in surprise and to give the girl credit she aint that dumb, she stepped back away from Carson. Carson glared at Mike almost setting him ablaze with the fire in his eyes.

I felt Mikes arm wrap around my shoulder causing a growl from Carson. I didnt look at him again though, I looked up to Mike who was standing beside me, he gave me a knowing and reassuring smile before he pulled me to his side and directed me towards my class. Though I have no feelings or attraction to Mike I am becoming more and more greatful for him every minute. I would probably still be standing there watching my Mate make out with another girl if it hadn't been for him.

"Thanks" I muttered as we came closer to my second period. He stopped walking and looked down at me, "Harmony, you are my Luna," he held his hand up to keep me from interrupting. "regardless if my alpha slash best friend chooses to acknowledge that at the moment, you still are and not only that, I consider you a friend."

To say I was speechless would be an understatement. I suddenly felt like a Jr. High nerd who just got their first "friend" I couldnt help but smile and before I thought about it, I wrapped my arms around Mike's neck giving him a hug. I jerked back suddenly and felt the heat flood my face, "im sorry, I just... uhm.." It was him who surprised me, he wrapped his arms around me laughing and gave me a hug. I laughed as I hugged him back, "thanks." I whispered in his ear for the third time today he had saved me and made me feel ten times better.