chapter 1: Robin Hood

"I tell yea a story...

A famous story known throughout time.....

About a young lad named Robin Hood....

He and his merry men stole from the rich and gave to the poor as the story is told....

But this story is a little different....

For Sherwood Forest is no ordinary forest....

Chapter 1:

Gallops that sounded like thunder could be heard from the hooves of the king's horses. Soldier were yelling at each other as they rode their horses across the lush green meadow. They were on the hunt but this was no fox they were chasing. They were after a very special prize. They were chasing a young boy who could be no older than a teenager.

The boy looked to be around the age of fifteen with a green tunic, brown pants and boots. He had a bow and a quiver full of arrows on his back. His dark green hood covered his face as he rode on the back of a majestic white horse. The stallion was swift as no man or animal could catch him. King of all horses the stallion was for he only allowed a worthy champion to ride him.

The soldiers pushed their horses to go faster, for their eagerness to capture the boy made the soldiers more determine. But they were no match. For it seemed the boy had more control of the situation. It was as if he were trying to distract the solders.

All the sudden, the boy took out his bow and launched an arrow into the air. It delivered a loud whistle like sound. It sounded like an alarm to alert others that the boy was in danger.

Thus, the soldiers quickly looked around for any sign of rescue party. When they saw nothing did a smirk appear on their faces. They were happy with glee for no one had come to the boy's aid. Their faces darkened with an evil grin for they knew that the chase would end very soon. No war horse can keep this pace. Looks like the boy's luck will soon run out.

XXXXXXXXX

Not far off from the chase, there was another prize to be had in Sherwood Forest. A lone peddler was whistling to himself as he rode his cart on by. He tried to stay calm as his eyes darted from side to side. He flapped the reins to make the horse go faster, for these were no ordinary woods.

These woods belonged to the tyrant Prince John. They were off limits to anyone who wasn't of royal blood. That mean, no one shall kill, steal, or even enter these woods without the Prince's permission. It was horrible do to the fact that the best game, the king's deer, lived in these forest. Just by killing one doe will feed a family of four for at least a year. And since the country was still in poverty, meat had become something of a prize desert that only the wealthy could obtain.

It was not always like this. Back when King Richard the Lionhart, Prince John's older brother, was running the country. England was prosperous and everyone from wealthy lord to weary peasant was happy and in glee. That is, until King Richard was called away to join in the crusades. To fight in the Holy Land and bring wealth and glory to England. But it left nothing but poverty, for the money supposedly going to the King's army, and orphans wondering the street.

Thus, when King Richard left Prince John was placed on the throne. The Prince was supposed to look after the kingdom and make sure it was flourishing. That was not the case when Prince John came to power. Money and power is what the tyrant craved. He forced his subject into poverty to feed his chest with hard earn coins. He would even send his dog, the Sheriff to terrorize the people who did not fallow the Prince's order. Oh, how everyone wished King Richard would return soon. At least King Richard the Lionhart knew how to rule, unlike his runt brother.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 05, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Robin Hoodजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें