Chapter 6

There are so many people out there, who will tell you that you can’t, what you’ve got to do is, turn around and say, WATCH ME…. {..Unknown..}

__________________________________________________________________________________

We all stayed quite, just looking at each other, for what felt like days. I preferred it like this, the longer it takes for someone to speak, the longer it will take for it to kick off. Shay looked incredibly calm, I was terrified and you could tell and Damo, well, he looked ready to explode. I kept opening my mouth to speak, but I couldn’t get the words out. What words? I didn’t even know what to say.

Shay stood from the couch and started to make his way over to Damo. Oh My God what is he doing, please just walk past him and walk out the door.

Please.

Nope he held his hand out to Damo,

“I’m really sorry to hear about your parents,” it sounded sympathetic, yet sarcastic.

Damo pushed his hand away and laughed, I wanted to run away so badly. Damo looked over at me,

“You look terrified babe, what scared I’m going to hurt your boyfriend? Again.” He smirked

Shay still looked so calm, how could he be so calm in a situation like this, his face was already battered from earlier; I don’t think he would last much longer if he was to be hit again.

They both stood staring at each other. I can’t stand the tension, sure I don’t want them to fight but I'm on edge waiting for it to happen. I’m going to go over, I need to be brave.

I walked over and stood in the middle of them, hands shaking badly. I turned to Damo.

“It isn’t what it looks like you know,” I put my head down, it was exactly what it looked like, how could I lie. Damo let out a small laugh, my head shot up to him.

“And you expect me to believe that, what, you bump my parents off ‘cos I gave your bit on the side a good hiding, I come home an orphan, I find him here, holding you in his arms like he is some kind of hero, whatever Amberley, this is exactly what it looks like,” my eyes started to sting, I cannot cry again, I need to be strong, I need to stand up to him.

“I didn’t kill them, it isn’t my fault,” tears came rolling down my cheeks, wow I did a very good job of holding it in. Not. Damo just laughed in my face.

“Ohhh boo hoo, trying to place all innocent, crying again, you know I’m sick of your tears, it’s your fault there dead, running out of the car like a spoiled brat, I told you, you aint going anywhere.” He pushed me out the way and stood toe to toe with Shay,

“And you, I thought I told you to stay away from her?” his hands had formed fists and he was shaking.

Please don’t hit him. Shay just laughed in his face. Oh my god does he want to get hurt.

“You did, but I aint giving in to easy. Yeah you’ve just lost your parents. I know how you feel. But this aint her fault. If you weren’t such a prick she wouldn’t have felt the need to run out the car anyway. She deserves better than you and you know it. The crash was an accident, but to be honest it wouldn’t surprise me if it was planned, I mean we both know what your fathers like. There are enough people that want him dead.”

I Stood, shocked, I can’t believe what he just said.

Damo looked shocked, also, but quickly turned to anger as he grabbed Shay by the neck and slammed him against the wall. He was whispering things in his ear that I couldn’t quite make out, I ran over to try and get Damo off him, not I like I could, I mean really.

We was interrupted when the doorbell rang, pure relieve washed over me, saved by the bell. Damo looked at me.

“Don’t even answer it,” he ordered, I stayed still.

It rang again, and then a voice,

“Mr Matthews, the officers back at the station told me you were heading back here, I need to speak to you about your parents,” and with this Damo jumped up and flew towards the door.

Stood there was the officer I spoke to earlier, he looked as though he was bearing bad news, what more bad news could there be. The officer looked over at me and nodded.

“You should probably take a seat Mr Matthews, the news I have isn’t good,”

“I’m fine, my parents are dead, what else could you possibly tell me that is worse than that,”

“Very well,” the officer paused for a few moments,

“Well, we have had officers investigating the area for the past couple of hours, we have identified the driver in the other car, his name is Charlie Grey, do you know him Mr Matthews,” he asked Damo, who looked pretty shocked, and upset,

“Yeah, he is a family friend he has worked for my Father for years, he was a good man, and it’s such a shame.” I looked over at a confused Shay, he worked for his father to, and from the look on his face he knew him too,

“That’s what I thought, but the body has been checked and it seems that Mr Grey was already dead before the crash took place, what we did find was a brick placed on the pedal of his car, so what we seem to have here is a murder investigation, could you think of anyone who has a grudge against, your father, any arguments you have seen him have the past couple of weeks, anything you have will be of great help to is Mr Matthews,” Damo looked to be taking all this in.

I turned to Shay who was already looking at me, he mouthed the words, ‘I Knew it’ to me. I looked back over to Damo who was staring at Shay, next thing he launched himself towards him, luckily the officer was able to drag him off him,

“It was him, I’m telling you, it was him,” Damo screamed

“Don’t be so silly, I’ve been working all night you seen me you tool,” Shay said calmly

“Mr Matthews I understand how you are feeling, but what exactly makes you accuse Mr sorry I didn’t catch your name,”

“Watson” Shay answered

“Hmm, what makes you accuse Mr Watson, come sit down Mr Matthews.”

The officer walked Damo over to the couch, and pulled out a notebook,

“Quite coincidental that just before you called over, we have a slight dispute, and he told me he wouldn’t be surprised if my parents were murdered because we both know what my father is like, and that there’s enough people that want him dead, “ The officer looked over at Shay,

“And did you say this Mr Watson?” the officer asked sharply

“Yes I Did” I looked at him shocked, why didn’t he just deny it, Shay continued to speak,

“I worked for his father a few years ago, the kind of business he is in, you do gain a lot of enemies, anybody who knows him can tell you this, I shouldn’t of said it, I know but he was trying to blame all this on Amberley and to be fair I snapped, and like I said I have been working all night,” he stayed so calm, how does he do it,

“Ok then Mr Watson, could you possibly come back to the station with me, this is a very serious matter and we could do with asking you more questions,”

“That’s fine, I’ll be glad to help,” Damo had a smirk on his face, as though he had really got Shay into a lot of trouble, they couldn’t possibly think shay had done it, he will be fine.

“Mr Matthews, Miss Scott I’ll probably be speaking to you soon,”

“I’ll see you out,” I offered walking to the door, once outside Shay turns around to me,

“I won’t be at the station long, if you need me, call me ok, don’t let him push you around, stand up for yourself ok?” he looked stern, I shook my head,

“I can’t,” he placed his hand on my cheek, it felt so nice

“Yes you can” and he walked away.