|| Dream? ||

Shinhye's POV:

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I tried to avoid his gaze.

"You do know why you're here, am I right?" While shaking my head, I looked at the CEO, who sighed, before folding his hands.

"Then what about I tell you what's wrong? You've been dating a guy who just debuted and you just became a trainee, does that make sense in your head?" He stared at me and I only shook my head.

"CEO, I don't know what you're talking about.." This made another sigh escape him and he looked away from me.

"You do know that it's against the rules to date here in SM, if you haven't gotten the permission."

"I know but-" I didn't get a chance to finish.

"No buts, you improve a lot and it would be such a waste to kick you out of the company, wouldn't it?" While swallowing hard, I nodded, making him nod as well.

"Now, no more lies and tell me how long you were together, before you broke up, if you even broke up." His look was stern when he said the last part and I breathed in, before sitting up straight.
"We were together for a couple months." This made him nod and he took his glasses off, before placing them on the table.

"When you say 'were' I suspect that you aren't together anymore." While raising his eyebrows, he stared at me and a feeling of nervousness rushed through me, before I nodded.
"Don't worry, we aren't together anymore." I told him, which made him lean back in his chair.

"I really hope you aren't lying to me, Shinhye." This made me shake my head quickly and I felt how my hands got sweaty.

"It would be such a waste.. When you're improving so much, it would be such a waste to kick you out." He was repeating what he had earlier said, but I didn't do anything but nod. "You don't want to get kicked out, right?" This made me shake my head and I started playing with my hands, before hearing him clear his throat.

"Then listen carefully. You can't be with him anymore, because I know, I know that you guys are together still and if you don't break up, I'll have to talk with the both of you. You don't want to risk his career, right?" My breath was shaking as he looked at me with no expression on his face at all.

"N-no, of course not.."

"Good, I'm sorry to tell you, but you have to break up with him, to be able to follow your dream. This is your dream right?" I bit my bottom lip, before nodding slowly, but to be honest, I didn't know.

Did I really want this? Did I really want to spend the rest of my life like this?

*

"What? Are you serious?" Jaemin looked at me with wide eyes as I hesitantly nodded, keeping my eyes at Jeno who had a blank look on his face.

"He really gave you a warning?" Donghyuck asked with a shocked expression, to which I nodded.

"Let's eat takeout today." Mark said quickly, before walking, almost running out of the room, probably because he felt the tension.

"I'll help him.. You know.. Remember the orders." Jisung stuttered, making all the other guys, excluding Jeno, follow Mark and I looked at Jeno who sighed, before running a hand through his hair.

"I don't know what to do.." He shrugged his shoulders, avoiding my eyes and I fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

"Maybe we should just break up, you know.. Both you and I know it's for the best." He finally looked at me and he quickly shook his head.

"But you told me we wouldn't break up." I heard my voice crack and I mentally slapped myself for being so weak.
"I know, but I don't want you to get kicked out of the company and not being able to follow your dreams." He exclaimed and I almost laughed, before shaking my head.

"This isn't even my dream.. It was my friends who convinced me to audition, I didn't even want to be famous and now.. Being an idol still isn't my dream." I tried to convince him that even if I got kicked out, I wouldn't really care, but he didn't seem that convinced.

"But still. I would hate to be the reason that you get kicked out!" He stood up, his voice raising slightly and I felt a bit offended for some reason.

"Why? I already told you it wasn't my biggest drea-"

"But you still want to be an idol." He cut me off, making me roll my eyes and I crossed my arms.
"Who doesn't? But like I said, not my biggest dream!" My voice was raised slightly and he scoffed, which made me roll my eyes once again.

"Sure.. Why can't you just understand that I would rather break up with you, than you getting kicked out!" As tears started to well up, I cursed myself for being so weak again and he let out a sarcastic laugh, before running a hand through his hair.

"Don't be like that."

"Oh, I'm sorry that I don't want to break up with my boyfriend!" This made him shake his head and he took a step closer.

"I'm sorry that I don't want you to get kicked out." He apologized and I couldn't help but notice, how genuinely he sounded.
Before I knew it, I was hugging him, letting my tears flow.

"I'm sorry that I raised my voice at you." I apologized and a chuckle rang in my ears as he hugged me closer.

"It's okay.."

I burrowed my face into his chest, before sighing deeply and I heard him sigh as well, before he pulled away from the hug.
He leaned his forehead against mine, before smiling slightly.

"We can get through this.. We have to.. And do you know why?" His question made me shake my head and he smiled, before pecking my nose.

"Because, I think, I might love you.."