Six

Thank you all so much for getting this to 1K reads!!!! Je t'aime!

-

Louis drives to school with Harry and Blake. It is, in fact, the most horrible thing he's done all year. He can practically feel Blake glaring at him from the front seat. He doesn't like Blake, and Blake most certainly doesn't like him either.

"Come over mine after school," Blake tells Harry. Louis subtly mocks him to himself.

Harry sighs, "I can't. I have to drive Louis home and help him with some English homework. He struggles with it a bit," he says, glancing at the boy through the rear view mirror.

"Can't one of his family members help him? One of them have to be able to speak English," Blake frowns, annoying that Louis is stealing his boyfriend for homework. Of all things.

Harry nods, "His two older sisters and mother. One is a French teacher and the other is in college but they're both away too much to sit down with him and help him with it. Plus his mum cooks amazing food and I get community hours for 'tutoring', even though it's not quite tutoring," he says. Blake doesn't say any more, but crosses his arms.

Louis has his eyes narrowed at him, but jumps when his phone rings. He sighs as he answers it. "Quoi?" he asks his sister.

"Où es tu?" (Where are you?) she rushes, "Je croyais que j'allais te conduire à l'école?" (I thought I was going to drive you to school?)

"Non. Harry me conduit. Il est avec son copain et je meurs lentement," (No. Harry's driving me. He's with his boyfriend and I'm dying slowly.) he says dramatically. He can see Blake looking at him through the mirror, and scoffs at him. "Tu peux me conduire à partir de maintenant? Je ne peux plus prendre ça," (Can you drive me from now on? I can't take this anymore.)

He hears Mia moving around on the other end, "Oui, bien sûr, mais je dois y aller maintenant. Je vais te parler ce soir," (Yes, of course, but I have to go now. I'll talk to you tonight.) she says, and blows kisses through the phone before hanging up.

Louis looks out the window. They're at the school, pulling in, so he gathers his things. "Uh, run to class with me?" he asks Harry.

Harry nods, "Walk to class with you. Yes."

Louis doesn't notice that he was correcting him, and smiles to himself, "Okay. I have Français," Harry parks the car, and he swings open his door to get out. The other two do the same, but as Harry walks around the front of the car to join Louis, Blake pulls him by the arm and kisses him. He has a large build, bigger than Harry and much bigger than Louis. Harry makes a surprised noise, and kisses back only for a moment before trying to pull away. Blake only hums and kisses him deeper.

Louis grimaces, shaking his head, "Wellev- whatevel," he furrows his eyebrows not remembering the word he wants to say. He huffs, slinging his bag around his shoulder. "Je vais vous attraper plus tard," (I'll catch you later) he mumbles, walking away with his head down.

He gets to his locker, and trades out his books, though when he stands he accidentally steps back into someone. "Ah! Désolé, désolé, désolé!" (Sorry, sorry, sorry!) his words come out fast. Anyone taking French wouldn't be able to understand him, however anyone that speaks it fluently or lives there and speaks it as their first language, would pick it up in a heartbeat. Not only was it just a thing within his city (or town), but his family all spoke fast as well.

"What did you say?" the guy nudges him back.

Louis hesitates, "I uhm, I say 'sorry'" he tells him. And he doesn't look up at him, meaning he doesn't see the guys friend whispering to him.

"Hey, we're supposed to go outside for an evacuation drill," he tells Louis, who only gives him a confused look in return. He doesn't say anything else, and instead just leads Louis down the stairs and out the door.

"Uh, I... do not understand," he says as he turns, but before he can save himself the door is being shut and the two boys scurry away. "H-Hey!" he shouts, "laissez-moi entrer, connards!" (let me in, assholes!)

Louis tugs and pushes on the door. There's no other way in, he's been locked in one of the lunch courtyards. American schools are set up much differently than his back home.

"Open door!" his voice cracks. He scrambles for his phone, and tries calling Harry. However it goes to voicemail. He must have turned it on silent for class already. Louis' phone is all in French still. The time has been set to 12 hour time so that he can get used to American time, but everything else is in French.

He tries Cara next. She doesn't answer until after a few rings. "Hey, what's up?"

"Je suis enfermé dans l'école dans la Cour!" (I'm locked up in the school in the yard!) he tells her, pacing back and forth. It's freezing outside, and his thin jacket doesn't help.

"Shit. Uh... lequel? Il y en a trois," (Which one? There are three of them.)

Louis furrows his eyebrows, "Près de mon casier," (close to my locker!) he sighs. He can hear Cara talking to her teacher, although then he hears arguing before the call goes dead.

The whole period goes by with him out there. He doesn't even think he'll get back inside until lunch. Harry's phone is off, and Cara most likely got her phone taken for being on a call during class.

He doesn't even hear the door open until someone has their arms hooked under his armpits and is pulling him up from the ground where he had been sitting. He helps and wriggles out of their grasp, only to sigh when seeing Harry. He sighs and pushes himself around the taller boy to get back inside. "Left me," he huffs, "boys push me," he gestures towards the door.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that would happen," Harry's shoulders are hunched over. Louis can practically feel guilt radiating off of him. He gives in.

"Okay. Walk me tomorrow," he throws his bag around his shoulder and starts walking out into the hall towards his next class, one that's in the same hallway as Harry's.

"Okay," Harry mumbles to himself. He watches Louis walk, then smiles, and jogs to catch up with him.

-

sorry this was REALLY short but I needed SOMETHING to give to you all after such a long time. plus I wrote this in study hall after FINALLY having nothing to do for once. love u all!! gonna start updating this one more!!