Wattpad Packs

Please note: All of this has been said as one of the original members of the first pack on Wattpad, this has been said as one of the Alphas of the very first pack, this has been said as the 'mate' of the first Alpha of these packs, and finally, this has been said as someone who took part in the creation of the pack culture on Wattpad.

I hate it.

Packs, as a whole on wattpad, have become nothing. They're just a grouping of people jacking off doing nothing with anything. They sit there and chatplay, have their little bullshit arguements and their bullshit mates, and what the fuck does that mean? Tell me that much, because I'm really curious on knowing.

The first pack began over a year ago. It was about the beginning of the school year, and I remember a friend of mine begging me for two weeks, non-stop, to join something called a pack. I had already joined Wattpad because I thought it would be interesting. Automatically, I was pretty much hooked on coming Wattpad and talking to the pack. Having fun, joking around. 

I'll admit it: I helped bring roleplay to the packs. Yeah, I did. Not proud of it either.

I helped set up the basic rule structure, which is far from the massive amount of rules that the Crescent Moon Pack was known for. I helped create the website that we roleplayed on because roleplaying wasn't allowed on the forums here. I helped coordinate it all. I then fueled it by joining in on everything. It was fun, so I did it.

The thing of it is though, I know for a goddamn fact that I didn't bring this bullshit to the packs.  Chatplay, drama, mates, acting big and tough because you were an Alpha. Did anyone even stop to think that the first Alpha was voted in? Did anyone stop to think that mates don't matter because you're not literally dating that person- and if you are, you're screwing yourself over? Or how about the fact that drama online DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER?

Then, the chatplay. I have a personal pet peeve about this bullshit. This stuff has NO creative value. I'm sorry, but your chatplay doesn't help you. That's not writing, and it's frankly just annoying. The more that I see it, the more that I just want to bitchsmack every new pack that walks past. A line of slapping. It's ridiculous because the packs were started for books and writing. Not fucking bullshit that's not worth shit.

Calling it roleplay is simply an injustice to true roleplay. Honestly, it is. Roleplay is effort to write, and in many ways? It can develope writing style, writing voice, and how to have your characters adapt to certain situations. The only good thing about chatplay? You might get good characterization out of it, but trust me, it's all shit anyway. Then, a roleplay post?

It's not a FEW words.

Nor is it a FEW sentences.

If you really want to see a roleplay post? Here, I'll show you a roleplay that has been going on for a while. One person is in bold, the other is in italics.

"I'm in a cage, you stupid bitch!" Decoii scoffed, rolling her eyes and shooting Elizabeth a look. "What am I supposed to do?" She stood up, the blanket still wrapped around her arm. "Oh! Help, Help! Someone's going to kill me!" She screamed out, in mock horror. "No one is here. No one will come to save me."

She sat back down, groaning at her swollen feet. "I'm not going to lie, I'll probably try hitting you, I mean- I'll fight somewhat. I mean, I can't just let you kill me, right? But verbally making this fun for you? I can't. I'm pissed, yes... But I can't." Decoii shook her head, trying to fight the wave of anger. 

"I hate you. I hate that you are doing this to him!" This time when she screamed, it wasn't mocking, she was seriously angry. "He finally tried to move forward, get over the past. He's finally embracing this damn pack and you! The person he chose to do this with... You're backstabbing him!" Decoii stood up and walked towards the bars, far enough so that Elizabeth couldn't stab her.