Chapter 1

(1st POV Kaylea)

       I sighed sitting at a bar hoping to get a drink and relax a little. I was tired of people fearing me whenever my claws retracted... well at least they're okay with my ears, tail and fangs/canine teeth. I quietly drank my beer as the was loud and crazy. My ears flattened against my head as I took a deep breath, and my tail swayed calmly behind as I sat of the stool. I looked up when I felt a presence next to me and glanced over to see a man. It seems to me he didn't noticed me siting there, so I studied him trying to figure out how he was so familiar to me. I looked at my beer thinking to myself. 'He must have been in a war with me.... But which one?' Then it came to me, he must be either Wolverine or Sabretooth.

       I guess I drew his attention when I gasped suddenly. I couldn't believe it but then again he could also be a mutant. I felt his eyes on me making me look at him and smile a little nervously. "Hi. Uh... Do I know you from somewhere because you seem very familiar to me?" I spoke calmly hoping he didn't I was crazy. "Like you were in a few wars with me." He gave me a surprised look when I spook. Maybe he was trying to figure if he knew me as well. "Does you name happen to be Victor Creed or James Howlet?" I questioned with slight hope.

          He looked at me. Now I was hoping he didn't think I was crazy. It was quiet between us though I didn't mind too much. I drank some of my beef and looked away from him. My ears twitch quietly listening in on the other people in the bar conversations when suddenly he spoke scaring me a little, "My name is Victor Creed." I looked at him surprised. I knew it! I knew I knew him from somewhere just surprised I knew him from the war. "So you fought a few of the wars with my brother and I? You seem familiar but I can't place a name on you."

           I chuckled to myself finding it funny he fought my name, but I didn't forget his. "My is Kaylea Deadman, or Kyle Deadman because I disguised myself as a male one war." I stated hoping it would click in his mind as I stared at my beer then the bar tender. "I would like another beer please." The bar tender nodded. I looked at Victor to see he was in thought.

          He looked at me and gave a small smile. "Remember now." He chuckles softly. I smiled a little then thanked the bar tender for my second beer. "So did you fight in the Vietnam War as while?" He questioned suddenly looking at me with interest shinning in his eyes. I drunk a little bit for my beer nodding and remembering the Vietnam War.

         "I did but not alongside you or James...er... Logan I mean." I smiled a little and in slight embarrassment. Victor chuckles smiling at me. I glanced away and took a deep breath. I looked back at him to see him reaching and touching one of my ear making it flick and me giggle which surprised myself. "Even if it was war, it was fun. I mean hanging with you and Logan at least." Victor seemed to give me a surprised look but smiled.

         "I agree, Kitty." I was surprised he even still remember his nickname for me. He chuckled surprising me again. "It was great seeing you again, Kitty." I nodded in agreement. It was great seeing him after a long time. 'I really did miss these moments with Victor where we just sit, drink beer and talk. But I got a feeling he's mutant but how do I get him to tell me?' I jumped out of my thoughts when there was a light tap on my shoulder.

        I looked behind me to see a man, not Victor but middle who looked to be about mid or late twenties, and he was drunk. "Hey, kitten. Who about we have a little fun to night just you and me?" I gave him a disgusted looked and shook my head no. The guy glared at me. "It was a yes or no answer." Suddenly there was a growl coming from where Victor sat.

      "She's with me so leave now before you regret coming over here." The man noticed Victor, and his eyes filled with fear and left. I sighed making my ears flatten against my head. I jumped when Victor petted me lightly. I looked at him surprised. He just petted me. He chuckles softly.

        "Uh... Thanks Vic, But I could have handled it myself." I smiled thankfully. He smirked and nods. But then he gave me a look of questioning.

          "I've always wondered why you had a tail, ear and fangs but now I wonder how you been alive for this long and still look so young." He looked at me quizzically. I looked at him 'oh no. He caught on.'