You're My Wonderwall

Start from the beginning

"Laur-"

"Please. Don't try to comfort me Laf." I place my forehead against Carmilla's, closing my eyes and kissing her cheek.
"I.." I feel my body go weak. I need to leave here.. "I can't see her like this any longer." I run my thumb against her cheek. "Cover her up Laf. I-I've got somewhere I need to go.." I wipe my tears and kiss Carmilla's cold lips one last time. I slowly let her hand go and walk out of the lab without saying another word to Laf.

Laf's POV:
I begin covering Carmilla's body with a sheet of fabric.

Poor Laura.

I did all I could to bring her back. I tried. Had Perry been here I know she would have kissed my temple softly to calm my nerves. She always did when I was stressed.

I begin throwing all of my used supplies away.

I missed Perr. Laura missed Carmilla.

The frustration of not being able to save her for Laura's happiness was enough to make me angry. I'm Lafontaine. I was able to do anything! I slam my fists against the table in anger and the table moves frantically knocking over a tube of Laura's blood onto the book.

Damn it.

I race to clean it up before it spilt on the floor.

Huh?

- - - - - - -

Laura's POV:
I walk through the woods with my arms tightly wrapped around myself. I remembered this path a little too well. Once I reach the view I was looking for I place my hands out in front of me as Carmilla did and walk forward. Once my hands hit a cold invisible surface before me I locate the giant rock. I trace the numbers 1698 into the rock and the cabin appears before my eyes. It's new and untouched appearance was the same as I last remember it.

I walk inside feeling the memories begin to hit my heart right where it hurt. The place looked exactly as we left it. Nothing out of place. Except now it was emptier. It no longer had the beautiful warm presence of my girlfriend. It felt no more like home than my empty dorm did.

Walking down the halls I place my hands against the wall remembering all too easily the last time I had touched this hallway wall.

"Stop teasing Carm. You don't intimidate me." I laugh at her trying to intimidate me after a very heated game of chess, which I clearly cheated on because there was no way to win. She was trying to get me to admit it.

"Oh?" she raises her eyebrow. "Is that so?" She begins walking towards me as I step back feeling the hallway wall hit lightly against my back stopping me from moving. She gets in front of me leaving only an inch of distance between us.

"Y-yes" I say cursing my stutter for being so obvious. She sends me a witty suggestive smile. I felt my back was beginning to melt into the wall as she slowly placed her hands on my waist running them up my sides in my shirt.

She leans her face close to mine but I turn my face the other way, not moving an inch from my spot. She moves her lips beside my ear and I can hear her breathing causing goosebumps to arise on my skin.