Moondance

A/N - That feel when your Id is so fed up with your Ego's bullshit that it steals yo' girl.

P.S. Freudian "psychology" is baseless garbage, and no one of any sense or repute in the psychology field supports it. Just by the way...

P.P.S. Can you, perhaps, tell what my major is? *laughs*

Dark

Everything is going to be perfect. I'm sure of it. Hell, I made sure of it. You clap your hands together as you rehearse the plan once more. "So...Mark falls asleep. I go to ___'s house. I invite her out. She says yes. I whisk her away on a romantic night. She swoons. We have se --make love. She forgets about about Mark. I get the girl, and Mark can deal with his own shit." You take a deep breath to calm yourself, and a grin spreads across your face. "All I need to do now is wait."

You

"If I didn't have evidence to the contrary, I would think that this past month was just one long dream. Maybe I actually nearly died from embarrassment, and I'm just in a coma somewhere -- or a mental hospital. I mean, even if I'm not crazy now I will be soon thanks to a certain someone and his doppelganger." You mumble to yourself as you begin to settle in again. You collapse onto your couch before, once again, pulling out your phone to check the time. It reads "6:43 PM". Okay, given when Mark usually goes to bed, and factoring in how tired he sounded...I figure I have about four hours before Dark shows up. That's more than enough time to make and eat dinner, have a shower, dry my hair, get changed, and put on makeup. You take a deep breath to release some of the tension that had worked its way into your system, get up from the couch, and walk to the kitchen to decide what to make for dinner.

Seeing that you had a raw chicken breast (or brick of tofu if you're vegetarian) and some assorted vegetables in your fridge, you decide on a stir fry. It's quick, tasty, and leaves enough leftovers for you to have it again another day. "Alright, stage one complete!" you exclaim as you finish putting the last of your dirty dishes into the dishwasher. You're about to turn it on when you realise that doing so would result in a very unpleasant shower. You let yourself linger in the shower a bit longer than normal, allowing the warm water to soothe your sore muscles, before stepping out.

After finishing your standard shower routine, blow drying your hair and ensuring it was styled to your satisfaction, you enter your bedroom in order to pick out an outfit. After some deliberation, you decide on your favourite dress. You can't go wrong with a classic. The addition of a couple accessories completes the look. All I need is a little makeup and I'll be ready. You opt for smoky eyes and a nude lip to keep things balanced. It's about 10:30 when you finish. You sigh, and plop yourself back down on your couch. "And now we wait." you whisper. You aren't stuck waiting for long.

Soon enough, Dark steps out of the shadows in your apartment. You're not sure exactly how he did it, but you had to admit that it was a stylish entrance. "Aw, thanks sweetheart -- I try." Dark said with a wink. "I don't think I'll ever get used to that." You reply, fighting back a blush. You blink, and suddenly Dark is pulling you off the couch. "That's fine. I like to keep you on your toes." He purrs, his face just inches from your own. You're no longer able to stifle your blush.

Now that he's stepped into the light you can get a better look at him, and he looks good. Dark is wearing a crisp white dress shirt under a well-fitted grey suit. The only hint of colour in the ensemble is the red of his tie. Dark checks you out as you do the same to him. The heat in your cheeks doubles as his sensuous gaze travels down your body and back up again. "I assume this is a yes to the date then?" he inquired. You simply nod your head. He puts a hand around your waist and pulls you closer. Dark leans close to your ear. You can feel his breath against your skin. His lips briefly graze your ear as he murmurs "Good."

Dark

"Now, kitten, I need you to close your ey--" You're interrupted by a warm pair of lips pressing against yours. Or that works too. You think to yourself. You pull ___ closer until she's pressed flush against you. You focus on extending your power out to envelop her as your other hand cards gently through her hair. Once you're confident that you've extended your power's reach out far enough, you begin to teleport. A cool breeze, the scent of pine, and the chirping of crickets around you let you know that you've reached your destination. You, slightly reluctantly, pull your lips apart from ___'s. Just before her eyes flutter open, you tell her "We're here." She breaks away from you, and the awe in her eyes as she looks around tells you exactly what you wanted to hear. Everything is perfect.

You

Your eyes dart around your surroundings. You're in a clearing in the woods. There aren't any forests in LA, and there definitely aren't any pine trees. Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. "You're correct on all counts. Don't worry about it too much." Dark chuckles. There are strings of lanterns strung through the trees giving the area a warm, romantic glow. There is a ring of fairy lights set up in the clearing which create an even more intimate feel. Just inside the ring of lights is a duffel bag and what you suspect to be portable speakers. "God, there's so much to take in. I don't even know where to look" You gasp, overwhelmed. Dark grasps one of your hands firmly, puts his unoccupied hand around your waist, pulls you closer, and whispers in your ear "Then just look at me."

A shiver runs down your spine, and goosebumps gently prickle your skin. While you're distracted, Dark slips something out of his back pocket and briefly fiddles with it. Music begins to play from the speakers, snapping you out of your momentary daze. Dark slips the object, which appears to be Mark's phone, back into his pocket and takes your hand once again. He gives you a sly smile and asks "While I would love to watch you shiver, may I have this dance?" You quickly reply "I didn't know you could dance." Dark smirks and says "There's a lot you don't know about me ___." 

Once the jazzy opening of the song ends and the lyrics begin, Dark starts to lead you in a foxtrot. When the words "my love" are sung, he leans in and whispers them in your ear in time with the song. This is all so incredible. I think my heart is going to burst! Dark doesn't comment on this particular thought. He does, however, smile wider, so you can tell he still heard it. The two of you dance through a couple more songs before you admit to being tired. Dark turns down the music to a pleasant murmur, and retrieves a picnic blanket and two small pillows from the duffel bag you noticed earlier. He lays them out and gestures for you to sit down on the blanket. He lays down beside you and, after looking at Mark's phone, says "It's just about time. Look up." You follow his instructions and see a meteor streak across the sky. Then you see another and another. "A meteor shower?" You ask. Dark simply flashes a sharp-toothed smile and replies "Yep." 

You slowly lay back, so you don't have to keep craning your neck to get a good view. Dark adjusts one of the pillows for you and drapes an arm around you. By the end of the meteor shower you're cuddled against Dark's chest. I didn't even realise I was moving closer. Dark looks you in the eyes and asks "It's not bad is it?" You blush at his intimate staring. "No, it's not bad at all. This whole night has been wonderful actually." Dark places a hand on your cheek, tilts your chin towards him, and murmurs "I'm glad." He then presses a kiss against your lips. This kiss isn't quite like any of the kisses you've shared with him before. It isn't lust-fuelled, but there's still a passion and even a hint of desperation to it. As Dark deepens the kiss you can tell that he's trying to hold something back. He gently sucks on your lower lip, being careful not to scrape you with his sharp teeth. His hand slowly slides down your body and comes to rest on the back of your thigh. You start to tug at his tie, and Dark pulls his lips away from yours. You both take a couple breaths. Dark squeezes your thigh a little and asks in a husky voice "___, may I have the honour of taking you home?" "Yes please." you murmur. Dark gives you a wink and a smile then pulls you tight against him. "Hang on tight."