The Worst, It Is You

A/N: The reason (which I may have been laughing about since I wrote the chapter) why Dark disappeared at the end of "Gratification" is that him and Mark both came so hard that Mark woke up. On a related note, I probably spend 3% of my life laughing at my own jokes.

FYI: Dark's thoughts in Mark's perspective (and vice versa) will be italicized AND in quotation marks.

P.S. The reason I stopped updating was school and stress. That and I have a boyfriend and therefore get the D. Also my mom died in October.

Mark

Your eyes open and you find yourself laying in bed, covered in sweat and...C'mon man, no one should have to wash their sheets this many times in a week. You attempt to get up and shower, but end up falling over due to your legs feeling like jelly. Okay, so the amazing orgasm definitely happened. You pick yourself up off the floor as best you can before looking down to inspect yourself. I don't have any marks or bites or...anything...Was it just another dream? Was ___ lying to me about the whole "Dark" thing? If she is, what else could all this stuff have been? A voice, similar to your own, echoes at you from inside your head. "Oh, I'm very real. Last night was amazing by the way -- wouldn't have had a chance with ___ without you." You grip the sides of your head as you respond to the voice resonating in your mind. "Why are you doing this? Why can't you just leave her alone you bastard?!" "No need to shout. I can hear you even if you just think it." The voice lets out a mocking snicker. "As for why I'm doing this...Unlike you, I'm man enough to admit what I want...and to take it." Just as you're about to give your rebuttal, the voice fades in a fit of laughter that is definitely aimed at you. "___ was right. Dark is an asshole."

You

"Love 'em and leave 'em. That's just what you two assholes do isn't it?!" You say to yourself as you start the long trek out of bed. You wiggle your toes, stretch your limbs, and inspect yourself. You find deep purple bruises, in the shape of fingertips, on your hips and scratch marks trailing down your thighs. Damn, he was on the bottom and he still did a number on me. Ignoring the stinging coming from your lower half, you finally place your feet on the floor and get up. You check the schedule on your phone and discover that you have work...again. So much for a little downtime. You shuffle to the bathroom and do your business before looking at yourself in the mirror. "Oh shit." You mutter. "I look like I was thoroughly fucked last night. I mean...I was but, man, I really look it." Your eyes are glazed with big bags under them. There are hickeys on your neck and shoulders. You have an extreme case of "Thanks for the Sex" hair, and your lips are chapped and swollen from making out. "How the hell am I going to fix this before work?" you sigh. After taking a shower, putting on makeup (with additional touches to cover the hickeys, eye bags, and chapped lips), and taming your hair -- you proceed with your routine as normal and head to work. 

Dark (Oh shit, bet you weren't expecting THAT!)

"God, that asshole does not deserve her! I'm the only one that gets to make her cry dammit!" You exclaim, taking care so that Mark can't hear you. "She gives me...us the time our life and his only response is 'Oh, I guess it's real.' That's it; that's all -- wham, bam, not so much as a 'Thank you ma'am?!" You start pacing around in irritation as you rant. "I mean, how could he be so blind to the goddess practically throwing herself at him? Fuck Mark, you wanted this; how can you just ignore it?! Those twinkling eyes staring longingly at you. Those rosy lips begging to be pressed against yours. Her soft skin... I shouldn't have even lent him a taste of that."  Your flaming anger burns down to scorching embers of longing. "Mark, you're wasting a damn good thing. I wish...I wish I could steal her away from you." The realization hits you like a ton of bricks. "I'm...jealous of Mark?" You take a deep breath to calm yourself before you resume pacing. Talking to yourself is starting to become a habit. "Okay, let's go over the facts. One, I like ___. Two, she is attracted to me. Three, she likes Mark. Four, Mark is attracted to ___. Five, Mark is a piece of shit and doesn't deserve her." You nod your head in self affirmation as your thoughts become less scattered. "Clearly what I need to do is to steal her away...but how?"