Special (Jirard X Reader)

You nestled up against Jirard. His warmth seemed to always make the bad thoughts go away. But today, it didn't work.

You're not good enough for him.

You should break up.

It would make him happier if you left him.

You're not as good as him.

He rubbed your head lovingly, seemingly knowing what was going on inside your head. Shane was hanging out with Hana, they were always together since they started dating. Jirard got lonely, so it was more of a win for you.

He smiled down at you. A perfect smile that hurt you. It was pure. So loving. So caring. Oh, how you loved that smile, but hated it too.

You pushed yourself away from him, ready to tell him your problem.

"I don't understand..." Your voice cracked.

"What wrong, (First name)?"

"You make me feel different. You make me feel bad. I always thought I might have been, but you make it so true."

"What?"

"It's because I think you're so good, and I'm nothing like you... And I see you compete and have fun and I realise how much I love you...'"

"(First name), what's gotten int-"

"What makes you think I'm so special?"

He wrapped his arms around you tightly You tried to shake him, but he wouldn't budge. He kissed your forhead.

"Well, you should give yourself a lot more credit than you think. Remember that time I passed out after class and you had to lug me all the way to the nurse's office. That takes effort. I think your muscles must be bigger than Jared's ego." You laughed into his chest.

"You're special, Jirard."

"So are you, (First name)."