Chapter 4

"Are you okay?" I ask Liam as we sit on the couch. I put an ice bag on his neck, staring at the burn mark. "It burned.. so much.. and I couldn't breathe.." He says staring at the wall, as I try to help him.

"I'm fine." He says turning towards me and kissing my cheek lightly. He gets up from the couch, and walks into the kitchen, grabbing something. I couldn't see what he grabbed, but I decided not to ask.

He quickly walks towards the door, grabbing his bag. "I'm going to go home and study for my exam. I'll see you tomorrow." Liam says opening the door and leaving in a hurry.

I hope he's alright..

- -

{Liam's POV:}

I touch my neck lightly, as I walk quickly to the park. I have a knife in my pocket, that I had just grabbed from Aubrey's kitchen. That thing is going to pay for it.

I walk to the spot where I was just nearly strangled, and look into the woods. Nothing is there, so I yell. "You son of a-"

Before I can finish my sentence, the boy who had just almost killed me, appears out of no where.

"Finish that sentence." He says, his eyes turning darker. I look at him in fear, his smirk growing wider. "That's what I thought."

"What do you want from Aubrey?" I ask, my courage growing a bit at the sound of her name.

"That.. is none of your business." He replies. His smirk bothers me so much.. I wish I could wipe that right off of his face..

That's right! I brought a knife!

I grab the knife from my pocket slowly, making sure he wouldn't notice. I quickly take it out, and thrust it towards him to stab him.

He grabs my arm, and twists it towards me, stabbing it into my leg. "You can't kill me. But I can kill you.." He whispers wickedly, watching me fall to the ground in pain, grasping my leg.

"You're so lucky.. I'm not going to kill you." He says crouching down to my height. "But.. what I will do.. is switch bodies with you." He laughs, pulling out a stone.

The stone is a dark green, gem looking thing, that he grasps in his hand delicately.

He closes his black eyes, shutting them tight, and hums something creepy sounding, then I feel a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I watch his eyes open, and they're pure white, then I can't see anything. Everything is black, and when I open my eyes again, I'm looking at myself.

"Thanks for your time." He says smirking, putting the stone in his.. or what used to be my pocket.

As he starts to walk away, I try to run after him, but something just pulls me back towards to forest.

"Aubrey!!" I scream, as my eyes are filled with the dark shadows of the forest.