Chapter 14.

Cara's POV

The sound of a shock kept replaying in my head ever since I heard it. I let go of Kendall as she quickly let go of me.

She stood up and went after Kylie who quickly walked away, "Kylie!" I heard her yell.

I went after Kendall as she was stomping her hand against a door, I'm guessing against Kylie's bedroom door.

"What the fuck are you doing Kendall!?" She yelled. I felt a wave of anxiousness take over my legs and arms.

I was weak from the response from Kylie. But then I remembered why I was here. My eyebrows furrowed and I looked at the door.

"Kendall, move." I said firmly, "Kylie open the door now!" She continued yelling, "Kendall!" She jumped and moved out of the way.

I kicked the door open and stormed inside, "Kylie!" I said, "Don't ever jump to conclusions so quickly! I have a good idea of what you are thinking when you saw Kendall and I. But you're-" I was cut off by Kendall running in.

"Kendall-," "Kylie what the fuck is your problem!" "My problem is seeing two girls on a bed having sex! God did not put us here on earth to fuck people with the same sex!"

I stood there shocked and speechless. I could feel that Kendall was raging with anger. I felt her anger enter me slowly.

"Didn't you know that two girls that are friends are allowed to embrace each other! Best friends are allowed to show the love they have to one another!" Kendall spat to Kylie.

"Um no, girls shouldn't kiss or hold their friends tightly. It's against the Bible's rule."

"By the way who the fuck is this girl anyway? She looks like she's been fucked by a bunch of girls with low standards."

Kendall gasped and put her hand over her eyes as she went down on her knees. I walked to Kylie and stood next to her bed, "Go to hell." I rudely spat at her.

Kylie made the 'did she really just fucking say that to me?' face. I didn't care what she thought, all I cared about was Kendall who was know completely drenched in anger and embarrassment.

I walked to Kendall and pulled her up. She put her arm around my shoulder and said, "Do you really think that Cara and I are a thing? You've embarrassed me to the fullest Kylie. I can't believe you said all that. What a nice welcome to our guest."

Kylie looked down to her hands. I could see she was embarrassed as her eyebrows lifted. Her mouth then made the 'ohh' expression.

"Yeah Kylie. Think about what you did." Kendall said. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of her room.

She continued grabbing me and pulling me outside with her keys in her other hand. We came to a stop next to my car.

She faced me and put the keys in my hand, "Why'd you give me your keys?" I asked, "Look down," she responded eyeing the keys in my hand, "Ohh.." I said as I saw my own keys in my hand.

"What are we doing?" I asked curiously, "Can we go out please, I need to step away from her for a bit." She pleaded.

"Oh yeah of course," I unlocked my car and opened the door for her. She got in and I got in the other side.

"Where do you wanna go?" She furrowed her eyebrows trying to think of a place to go.

"I know," she answered.

•••

After Kendall told me the directions of her destination in mind, we arrive there in 20 minutes of driving. She led us to what seems like a forest.

She took a hold of my hand and pulled me into the darkness of the forest. Beams of white and yellow rays pierce through the opening of the trees.

We were running like a couple in love. I felt the anxiety and anger fly out of me. A sense of calm and a hint of happiness started entering my body as I focused my view on the girl on front of me.

I smiled widely as my sight was the most beautiful thing I've seen. Her energy and joy has lifted my chin. My mind was for once peaceful.

We were still running around dodging trees here and there.  Every now and then a few smiles were exchanged to each other.

I soon noticed that it was almost dark out as we came to a stop in front of a small dam. I admired the glooming waters and peaceful sounds of the resting birds and other animals.

I sat down and Kendall sat down too a moment after. It was quiet between us  but it wasn't awkward, at all.

I turned to look at her but saw her hands covering her eyes with her head down. Little sobs I heard with sniffing in between.

My brows creased as the curiosity took over. I instantly felt the need to hold her, so I put my hand on her waist and lean her into me.

She put her head on my shoulder rolling to my chest with which both my arms were now holding tightly onto her silhouette.

I knew why she was crying. I wanted to ask her what was wrong but thought it was best until she has calmed down a bit.

I continued to stroke her back only trying to make her as comfortable as one can be. I caress her soft hair and place a small kiss above her forehead.

She removed her hands from her eyes and I felt her hands slither to my back, holding me. She sighed, "How low can Kylie be to even have the guts to treat you like this."

"Don't worry Kendall. I'm sure what she saw was just a misunderstanding of what really was happening. It's just a mistake," I answered trying not to sound so defending.

"I don't care. It's not something you should even hate? I don't understand why they have to be like this."

"Homophobic? Do you perhaps know why they are?" I asked innocently, "I don't know why exactly, I think it's something they've always been but then it wasn't something that really bothered them."

"Then what made them so disgusted about the community? What changed them?" Kendall sighed in return, "I think that should be a story for another time."

"Ok," I replied softly. It was now pitch black outside but Kendall showed no intention of leaving and neither did I.

She's so gentle... I thought. She doesn't deserve Kylie's behaviour. This night was something we needed. This night was something I'll remember. Kendall is making me delusional and I can't do anything about it.

She was continuously stroking my back as I continuously stroked her back. Her position of her hand changed as she slowly moved making it's way from my collar bone to my jaw and to my cheek.

I gulped from her unexpected change in position, but it made me feel special. She was at this point lying on me as I was leaning backwards a bit. Them abs really do come in handy.

"I love you, Kendall."

"I love you too, Cara."

  •••
Please excuse my spelling errors and grammar. Just didn't feel like checking 🙄