CHAPTER 38: The Tennis Ball That Fell From The Sky

Mulai dari awal

Ryoma looked at him momentarily before directing his eyes somewhere else. He didn't even greet Fuji back. Fuji was a bit surprised about that.

"Your senpai just greeted you. You should at least return the courtesy." Came the voice of Ryouko as she walked towards them.

"Hmmph." Ryoma answered before going inside the bus.

Fuji and Ryouko looked at each other.

"What's up with him?" Ryouko asked.

"I'm not sure." Fuji answered.

"Maybe he fell out of bed or something. Ichidou's one heck of a kicker." Ryouko said.

"I am not." Ichidou argued behind them. "Besides, Ryoma slept on a spare bed that Licht carried in for him to use. Don't assume that we slept on the same bed. That's creepy, seriously..." He added before stifling a yawn. He was still in his pajamas.

"What are you doing, getting up this early? You usually sleep until nine." Ryouko asked.

"Just seeing you guys off." He replied.

The regulars started arriving in the grounds with Horio, Mizuno, Kachirou and the girls.

"O~hayougozaimasu!" Mami said with an enthusiastic tone. "Man... The beds in this house are so soft and comfortable... Can I sleep over again, Ryouko-chan?" She asked.

"No." Ryouko flatly answered.

"Tsumetai. (So cold.)" Mami said.

The others laughed.

Sakuno went towards Oishi and said, "Umm... Ryoma-kun—"

"He's already in the bus." Fuji answered before she can finish.

"Oh. There he is." Tomoka said as she pointed at the farthest window seat of the bus. Ryoma was looking at them from the bus window.

"Ryoma-sama!" Tomoka said while waving her arms in the air. Ryoma closed the curtains.

"A-re?" She said when he saw his reaction.

"O-ya, o-ya? Ochibi seems a lot colder than usual." Kikumaru commented.

"Don't mind him. He's in a bad mood. Ichidou kicked him off the bed." Ryouko told them.

"I told you, I did not!" Ichidou firmly argued. The others snickered.

In a few minutes, everyone was on the grounds. "Is everyone here?" Ryouko asked.

"I checked. No one's missing." Inui said.

Ryouko nodded. Then she motioned at Licht. Licht nodded in understanding. He snapped his fingers and all of a sudden, half a dozen employees wearing white aprons started giving small hand-carry bags to the freshmen.

"What are those?" Momoshiro asked.

"Breakfast and lunch. We didn't have time to prepare so don't expect much." Ryouko answered. "Get one each. There are also milk cartons there."

The freshmen cheered and went to get their share. Two of the employees went closer to Ryouko, one carrying a huge silver platter with a large cover and the other carrying what looked like cases of water canteens.

Ryouko took off the cover of the platter. Inside were several rectangular wares wrapped in soft cloth. "Please help yourselves, senpaitachi." She told them as she handed them some of the bentou boxes.

"Ooh... Ours are different?" Kikumaru asked.

"Licht took care of the freshmen's meal. I made these together with my own lunch. The senpais don't need to return the lunch boxes. Be free to take them home." She told them.