A conflicted passion

Kiumi smiled as she watched Shiro eat in the cafeteria, she was glad he was up and moving instead of being stuck in bed. She was brought back to reality as her friend Luna bumped her arm smirking. "Got an interest there eh?" Kiumi blushed darkly as she felt the heat slowly rise from her face and she shook her head fast side to side shyly trying to sound confident. "N-no! I barley know him and I just wanted to make sure he wasnt pushing himself..he did just get better" she puffed her cheeks out looking at her friend. "Woah, chill chica, was just joking, but if he just woke up, who dressed him?" She looked at Shiro noticing the boots, jeans, and leather jacket. "Hurimu did, he asked me to leave the room as he wanted to make sure that he wouldn't get up half naked and wonder around.." Kiumi sighed as she looked at her food and pushed it away a little, she was struggling inside but did her best to not show it. "Kiumi..I don't know if you still blame yourself or if you think badly if you ever crush on anyone else...but you know he wouldn't want that right? You know he'd want you to be happy..not struggle thinking about it all the time..." Luna's face had gotten serious as if she could read Kiumi like a book and Kiumi sighed and smiled trying to joke around to not think about her friend's advice. As they started joking she noticed Shiro leaving the cafeteria as she made eye contact for a split second and Kiumi turned her head slightly a light pinkish blush forming and after Shiro left she sighed and continued joking around until the group of friends had finished eating. Kiumi said goodbye as she wanted to head to her room and she started walking as she noticed Shiro getting a room and Hurimu leaving. she smiled slightly and walked into her room closing the door and locking it. She turned on the lights and walked over to her bed and jumped on it putting her hands on her head. "Why?...I shouldn't be thinking about him..I don't want him getting hurt..or worse..because of me..not like..."
Kiumi could feel the heat form in her face as her vision slowly blurred before being engulphed in tears, she trided closing her eyes to stop but the tears slowly drifted down her face a small river as she kept thinking about who she lost. "Zerak...Im..Im sorry" she was now sitting up on her bed holding her head in her hands as tears fell down hitting the silent, cold, metal floor. She didn't want to stay thinking about him, but she soon gasped as she relived that failful day.

"Kiumi!," she opened her eyes looking as she was standing by a sink washing her hands, she could hear her name being called so she slowly turned around and froze as she saw him. "Kiumi..are you ok beautiful?" His voice was stern, but had a comforting soft style as he was around her, his voice low, but echoed in the room they where in. "Y-yes, I..I am.." she remembered she had just had a very close call almost loosing a patient. She smiled softly up at him, she couldn't do anything but relive it all, Zerak was a tall, buff dude, he had to duck into some rooms for he was a giant to most, being 8ft tall and all, he wasn't a commander for nothing either, his gem in his hand had a symbol of technology next to it, he could control and bend the way any technology was to his bidding. He kept a strong look as he was in black jeans, a sleeveless shirt, and his hair buzzed cut to his liking, he wasn't someone to mess with. He looked back after smiling at her and his face got stiff again. "go hide..Kiumi..now" he turned around as and explosion of gas, fire burning brighter than staring straight into a flashlight on full blast, hotter than the sun shinning down on you in the desert, and florescent blue streaks of electricity flying all over. Kiumi was sent flying from the force into the wall behind her as she gasped in pain. Zerak ran to making sure she was ok and stood up his fists clenched as his knuckles whitened and the electricity started to swim around him as if fish in a sea around a worm. Soldiers wearing gas masks and full body armor made their way in through the newly formed hole all holding these rifles with screens and buttons all seemenly held together by these neon green vines, all pointed at him. His face seemed to grow a disgusted look, as if he where about to clean up upchuck, and the lightning around him flew back nocking down some soldiers in a loud burst of noise and force of a strong gust, and the guns the soldiers where holding seemed to glow as the jammed up not firing and Zerak stomped closer picking the men up by their necks and tossing them aside like paper balls. Kiumi watched scared and gripping her chest. She could barley breathe and she was horrified at the sight of him destroying people. As he knocked the last one flying out the hole they made he walked closer to her and looked concerned. Kiumi's eyes grew as she saw a man in a mask walk up and she tried warning Zerak but she couldn't speak from the pain. She watched as Zerak turned around too late, the man's arm seemingly changed form into a sword as he sliced off Zeraks arm with the gem. Zerak fell in pain trying to hold onto life as kiumi watched terrified. The mysterious man then smashed the gem leaving Zerak's final words to Kiumi to be "I-I'm s-sorry..." the mysterious man shook his head and left, seeing Kiumi as no threat and she could feel tears form in her eyes as she crawled to Zerak's lifeless body, a puddle of blood leaking from his arm and the shattered remains of his gem infront of her.

Kiumi screamed as she looked up now her room dark as night seemed to take over the sky, and Hurimu, and Shiro busted into her room looking around noticing her crying. Hurimu sent Shiro back to his room and walked over to Kiumi. "It happened again didn't it?..." she nodded still crying as Hurimu held her close in a hug, rubbing her back sighing. "It's ok..I'll stay here until you feel better...just let it out.."