"So, what about it?"

"What about what?"

"Are you-- are you still up for the flick together?"

"Crazy action flick starts in like three days, or four, which is it? I already told you okay. Don't you think that's why I came home so soon? I have so much to do to get ready." She shrugged her shoulders, and he could tell she wasn't wearing her bra. Too bad he was a guy, and guys always cued in on those things. He let his eyes wander to the ceiling.

"So....church tomorrow?"

"And Monday and Tuesday we.... Surf?"

"Monday we work out the kinks."

"Tuesday we surf?"

Her eyes shot up. "Okay."

"And Wednesday we work our butts off."

"I'll buy that. You have your character down so you can help me with mine?"

"He's not based on a real person, more a conglomerate of people. Cops, detectives..."

He stole a look, the way her hair curled around her shoulders, caressing, sliding down to her breasts, swaying against her in the half-light. This was a dangerous time for him. He could see the rise and fall of her chest again, her breathing was shallow, and he knew-- knew she was aware of him as a man.

Knew it with every fiber of his being.

"Tough guys." Tracy said, and her voice had a funny, shaky quality as she held his eyes, steadily. She'd changed from concert giddy to awakened.

"You're not----." He cleared his throat. "Playing a—om—helpless ninny, either."

"No, I'm not." She said not batting an eye.

Richard felt his whole body react to that frank gaze. Damn. Really? Now?

"Kick boxer extraordinaire?" He swallowed convulsively, and rubbed the back of his neck again.

"I got a tutor. Daphne Corozone, do you know her?" But her mind wasn't on Daphne, he knew. She had crossed and uncrossed her legs repeatedly. Shapely legs.

"You'll be getting in shape then, for sure." He licked his own lips like a school boy, his senses on fire.

He reached out and felt her upper arm as she struck a flexing pose.

Tracy pushed up her loose t-shirt sleeve, and looked at her arms critically. This dropped what was under the sleeve into open shadow, and he knew his thumb was dangerously close to softer, more pliant skin. He wasn't ignorant-- I'm not ignorant, he reminded himself.

"I definitely need work." He took that step, bringing himself very close now, actually nudged her legs apart and stood between them leaning against the counter.

"It'll be tough doing the intimate scenes.... There are several."

She looked away, but didn't push him. "A little kissing is all." She nodded, pursed her lips and returned to hold his eyes recklessly. "Yeah, I'm cool. Not like you've never kissed me."

"I never have kissed you."

"Yes, you have! Like on occasion. The first night we met, for Pete's sake, Richard, have you forgotten?" She drew in her breath sharply, acting all nonchalant.

He smoothed her hair over her back, all guys did it to their girls, pulled the stray hair behind her ear, it was just required, it gave his palm a place to reside against the back of her head in case he wanted to pull her in. She cocked her face toward the light, her lips slightly open.