Chapter 12

~ Niall ~

Screams and shouts awoke me from my slumber. Sleepily, I got up out of bed and made my way over to the door. Pulling it open I looked across the hall to Liam’s room. The door was wide open and Liam was shouting.

Ash!’ Liam shouted. I saw him lunge forward trying to grab Ash. But it was too late. There was a loud thud sound. Sounding like some one had hit the ground. 

Too late Liam Payne. I have your precious Ashley Salvator. And your friend Carla Grey!’ Some one sneered. I didn’t see who because as I entered the room, the person that sneered jumped out the window carrying Ash.

‘Liam? What’s going on?’ I asked sleepily. Liam walked over to his light and flicked the switch. The light flicked on. Illuminating the room into a bright white light. The window was open and the curtains were billowing in the silent breeze that blew softly. 

‘Liam,’ I whispered ‘What happened?’ 

Liam looked up from the ground. 

‘Ash was taken. By the same hunter that took Carla’ Liam hissed in anger. 

I put my hands up in a gesture to say that I wasn’t threatening him or going to hurt him. 

‘But how?’ I whispered. Liam shook his head. 

‘All I know is that she managed to get into Louis’ dreams to find Carla. We will have to wait till morning to tell the others.’ Liam said quietly as he made his way over to the window. Closing the window then crawled into bed. And that’s where I had left him. I walked back to my room. Quiet sobs ebbed their way out of both Louis and Liam’s rooms. 

~*~ 

Early the next morning I awoke to shouts.

‘What!? What do you mean Ash was taken as well?!’ Harry shouted. His voice ringing through out the house. I made my way sleepily down stairs and into the kitchen. Where Harry stood. 

‘Harry. Ash was taken last night. I tried to save her. But the hunter came and took her. She managed to get in contact with Carla. But didn’t say anything else.’ Liam explained tiredly. He had bags under his eyes. 

‘Whoa! Liam. You look horrible mate’ I said to him as I entered the kitchen. Liam gave me a small smile. 

‘I went out last night looking for her. Trying to find and capture Ash’s scent....’ Liam explained with a small smile playing on his lips. The poor guy is devastated after trying to defend Ash. To which he loves dearly. Like I love Angel. Dearly too. 

‘Well, I better get Zayn and Casey up for school.’ Liam sighed as he walked out of the kitchen. Harry turned to me. 

‘Niall, are you going to be talking with Angel today?’ Harry asked me out of the blue. I turned from the kitchen counter to see Harry leaning against the fridge. Blood bag in his hand. I gave a shrug of my shoulders. 

‘Maybe. I don’t know. Depends if we see Cassie and Angel today.’ I replied with a smile. A few minutes later, Casey and Zayn walked in looking a little less sleepy. 

‘Good morning.’ Casey said in a dull voice. And by the sounds of it, she’s not a morning person. 

‘Morning’ Zayn said as he followed casey into the kitchen. We all replied with a “morning” then went our separate ways to get ready for school.

*~*

Casey, Zayn, Harry and I arrived to school an hour later. Cassie came running towards us. Carrying Angel’s bag along with hers.