War of the Dads

"I do believe that was the last of the papers, Mr. Wilson. Congratulations on your adoption. They boy and his...um...guardian should be arriving soon."

"Thank you so much, -" A tall and brooding man glanced over the counter top at the name tag on the woman's chest- "Ms. Ross. You simply don't know how long I've been waiting for this day."

Ilikeusingweirdbreaklinesdontjudge

      "Come, Master Richard, we must prepare for your adoption. It is a big day after all, we don't want you looking like that, now do we?" Alfred bent down to Dick's eye level after soaking a cloth in Luke warm water. Shockingly, the butler was allowed to press the cloth up against the child's mouth and gently stroke it downwards to clean the sticky fruit juice that lingered there. Once finished, Alfred presented a batman hoodie and assisted Dick in putting it on.

"Mulțumesc, Alfred." (Thank you, Alfred)

Alfred nodded in acknowledgement, a smile upon his age-worn face.

"Are we ready to go?" Bruce walked in, clad in a suit and smoothly gelled hair. Dick instantly made his way to his guardian, taking hold of his hand.
"I'll take that as a yes," Bruce concluded, enclosing Dick's tiny hand in his own, large hand.

Nanananawhatsgoingtohappen??

After roughly a half hour of dead silence, save for the choir of traffic, a sleek, black Mercedes-Benz pulled up to the child services building. Bruce Wayne stepped out, along with his three sons and his single soon-to-be son. Dick took ahold of Jason and Damian's hands, letting them guide him to the front door. Bruce opened the door, and a soft bell rang out, alerting the front desk woman. A tall, lean man turned his head around as the family walked in, grinning faintly.
"Well, there they are now!" Glancing down at the boy, the man stood up straight and made eye contact with a suddenly skeptical Bruce Wayne. "Mr. Wayne, it truly is a pleasure to meet you." He extended a rather bony hand and smirked when Bruce slowly accepted it and shook it firmly.
"Pleasure's all mine. I don't think I quite caught your name, Mr...?" Bruce retracted his hand and placed it on Dick's shoulder.
"Wilson. Slade Wilson." Slade glanced down at Dick once more, "And you must be Richard! What a delightful day, I get to meet my new son minutes after I adopt him! Truly is a gift, isn't it?"
Bruce raised an eyebrow, trying to keep calm. "Excuse me, Mr. Wilson, but I think you've made a mistake-"
"Yeah! You made a mistake, mister! Dick is our brother! You can't adopt him!" Jason interrupted. Damian and Tim nodded in agreement, angered expressions further proving they weren't about to give the five year old up. (:0 that escalated quickly....)
"Oh dear me, no, I think you've got it wrong there, fella's. You see-" Slade held up a document-" I've just adopted young Richard here. Isn't that right, Ms. Ross?" The lady behind the counter slowly nodded, tensing up as if she suspected something was going to happen between the two wealthy men.
Dick looked up at Bruce and gently tugged at his pant leg, "Daddy? Can we go home?" Bruce looked down, heart broken at the child's words.
"Dicky, chum...I don't think you can stay with me right now. Mr. Wilson has already said he would take care of you. " (what? Bruce? Why you givin up so easily? Oh wait...hehe, that's my fault. Sorry, let's continue....) Bruce was now desperately trying to keep it together now. He knew Slade's identity as Deathstroke, and didn't want to allow Dick to go with the mad man. But he knew he had to abide by the law while in his civilian persona. He knew he would get Dick back, it would just be later. But when Dick's lower lip began to quiver, Bruce almost let his emotions slip. He kneeled down and engulfed to boy into a hug, whispering, "I'll get you later. I promise. Just go home with Mr. Wilson now. Ok?" Richard slowly nodded and began to reluctantly waddle over to Slade.
"Good lad. Let's get home, shall we?" Slade took Dick by the hand and smirked once more at the bat family before leading a scared Richard out the door and into a white vehicle. Bruce nodded at Ms. Ross and led the shocked boys back to the car. Once inside, they exploded.
"Father?! How could you let Deathstroke take him??"
"You're filthy rich, you should've thrown some money around, you idiot!"
Before Jason could jump in, Bruce held a hand up, "This was a battle I knew we could not win. We will get Dick back, but Slade must get his way for now. I'm not happy about this either. Let's just go home. Damian, Tim, you're on patrol with me tonight. Jason, you're going to the store with Alfred. You know what Dick likes, so pick our good clothes and toys. We'll be gaining another finally member soon." Bruce shifted the gear stick and pulled out of the parking lot.

*DUNDUNDUN!!!TOTONYZUCCO!!*

"Here's the boy, Zucco. Just don't forget your deal of service to me. " Slade roughly handed a shaken up Dick to Tony Zucco, who grinned maliciously and grabbed the boy by the hair.
"Don't worry Slade. " Tony shut the door to his rickety home and pulled Dick up to his eye level by the neck, allowing Dicl to smell his rancid breath as he spoke, "We're going to have much fun, you and me. "

**Robin**Robin**Robin**Robin**
PLEASE READ!!!!!
Well, what's this?! An update?! Indeed it is my faithful readers! I know, it's not the best chapter. It's kind of confusing and short, but never fear! I love you all to much, I'll write another chapter soon!
Again, I'm sorry for the late chapter. I've been BEYOND busy, I've been sick with the Flu and a sinus infection on top of it. I'm the queen of mucus! *evil laugh* *cough cough* Yep, still not better.
Anyway, thank you all for the comments, votes, and reading this! It means a lot to me!
DCComicWattyawards are still going on! PLEASE vote!! To vote for this story, simply go to their homepage and click on their book for voting. Find the category/chapter that says "Dick Grayson (Robin 1/ nightwing)" and comment in the comment section (THEY DO NOT ALLOW HIGHLIGHT VOTING) "Apprenticed by Insanerobin223445". I need a LOT more votes!! Please help me!

Another announcement!! For those of you who don't know...YOUNG JUSTICE SEASON 3 IS OFFICIALLY HAPPENING!! I'M SO HAPPY!! I was having a bad day when I found out. But when I found out, it made my day!! I hope it made your day too!

I love you all so much, and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Wally: what if it's night?
Me: then...have a good night?
Wally: Then why didn't you say that the first time?
Me: I don't know...?
Robin: Ignore him.
Me: ok? *walks away*
Robin: I said ignore HIM, not ME!!*runs after me*
Me: *fangirl scream* ROBIN'S CHASING AFTER ME!! BEST DAY EVER!!