The Lone Star

Prologue

-1st day in orphanage-

I walked slowly back to my bunk my droopy eye lids starting to cover my eyes.I saw a girl with red curly hair in a pony tail "hi" she said."my name is Ashley but you can call me Ash!""Cool" I say then shove her off my bed."so can we be besties?" Ash asks me."yeah" I say then crawl in my bunk shutting my eyes for a rest.

-1st year In orphanage-

Me and Ash plodded through the lunch line collecting the slop that they fed us.I shook my head disappointingly at the spinach casserole they threw on my plate.I still had nightmares about the bombs and fire that made me an orphan.If world war 3 hadn't started and the Germans hadn't bombed Russia I would still be with my parents.I shook my head I couldn't think about that I was told that I had an adoption visit today.Ash and I went and sat down at a table with one of my other friends,Amanda The table shook our food flew off the table. "THE GERMANS" Amanda screamed I grabbed Ash's hand and we ran out of the cafeteria. I stopped and ran back. "what about Amanda!" I screamed. I heard her scream "LEAVE ME!!" I respected her wishes and We ran into our room and slammed the door. "We have to get out of Russia" I said. Ash nodded I took out a piece of paper and pencil and started drawing out a escape plan.

-4 months later-

The orphanage had burned down and several were dead. None of which were me and Ash. We were lucky the day of the German outbreak in the orphanage had lasted 3 hours and many orphans were dead. Though me and Ash had already escaped Amanda hadn't and had been shot in the chest. Her boyfriend Trevor had died trying to save her. We buried them side by side with them holding each others hands.

Ashley and I are now running for our lives we have a very long time before the ANNMARIE leaves for America but I'm not sure 8 years is enough to get me and Ashley aboard the ANNMARIE.

-2 weeks later-

We ran through a forest branches cutting our legs and faces. The Germans had found me and Ashley in our cave home we had stolen a metallic horse and a fire breathing German Shepard puppy from their camp.2050 was the year it had been a year and 4 months since there had been peace.The Germans chasing us had given up and turned back.The German Shepard puppy started barking I muzzled it then we fell into a net.

-4 hours later-

I woke up a boy around my age so about 12 was looking down at me. Ashley was in the bed beside me."wheres my horse?" I asked sitting up. "in a stable" he said "I'm Evan welcome to the rebellion." I give him a puzzled look."why aren't the adults fighting this war?" I asked standing up to stretch. "cause their too lazy and us kids had to take over and while the adults are getting ready to leave Russia the kids are fighting for their lives." Evan was finished talking and walked away."Wait" I said "What about Ash,is she ok?" "fine" he answered and stomped out of the room.What a grump I think and then walk over to Ash and wake her up."C'MON GET UP GET OUT OF BED!!" I start singing as loud as I can"C'MON WAKE UP YOU SLEEPY HEAD!!"I always sang that to her at the orphanage In The morning. Suddenly a girl and boy ran in the room both with laser pistols."Oh" the girl said lowering her pistol "it's just the newcomers" the boy gave me and ash a weird look" I'm Matt" he said lowering his pistol "that's rain". Ashley woke up raising an eyebrow at me. "You had to wake me up" ash said waking the the German Shepard pup.Nikita was the name me and Ash had decided for the pup Nikita snorted some flames and yawned."Alright I'm going to find Percy" Percy was the horses name.I walked around the base trying to find the stables then I found a room with a door labelled stables.I walked through out the stables till I found Percy his metal Armor had been taken off and I saw his long brown mane."hey buddy" I said rubbing his muzzle "what do you think about being a warhorse?"

-2 days later-