Don't get Bit

Chapter 7

      I woke up to sound of clattering dishes. I took a big whiff, trying to catch the scent of whatever my dad was attempting to cook, but my nostrils were filled with a sour smell. I bolted up of the floor and looked around. What the... oh yeah I would never be in my cozy bed again. I took in the sight in front of me. Reah and Eathan were leaning over the counter looking down at a hot plate and drooling. Nathan was trying to cook breakfast burritos on the hotplate. His face was a mixture of anger and confusion as he stared down at the hot plate. I laughed at his expression and walked over to help. I took the spatula from his hand. He happily handed it over and walked to the other sidebar the counter to join the the drooling kids.      Soon the breakfast burritos were done and everyone was craming  there mouths with burritos to have a full conversation. Suddenly Nathan head jerked up, " Did you here that?"

I listened closely and heard a strange but very familiar sound. A longboard. Nathan jumps up and stands on a counter to lookout of one of the high windows. I grab the edge of a counter and join him at the window. I step on my tip toes and look out. Sure enough there in the distance is a boy riding a longboard down the road with a makeshift weapon in his hand. People are out there! I think and immediately perk up.

    " What I would do to have one under my feet right now." Mutters Nathan to myself.

    " Have what?" Says Eathan trying to see out the window but failing.

Something you must know about me is that I wasn't the most popular person at my school and neither were any of my other friends, witch  were all guys. The sport at my school was football and anyone who skated was pretty much ignored. I had tried to make some girl friends but all of them seemed to ignore me and just see me as some skater tomboy, but I wouldn't give up skateboarding to be the most popular person in my school. Yeah, you could say I was a little addicted to the feel of vibration in your legs as you go down a smooth hill or the feel when you land a trick you have been trying to accomplish for a while. So my friends pretty much ended up being four guys which I missed skating with very much. I just missed skating in general and it had only been a week since the apocalypse and four days since we had been in this kitchen. The banging of a door shook me out of my daydream. I looked toward the noise to see Reah with a terrified look on her thin face. We all jumped of the counter and ran towards her.

   " What's the matter?" I asked while nealing toward her height.

" T..the door." she studdered. " There still there dozens of them. There trying to get in and there doing a pretty good job of it."

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Sorry this chapter was boring but it was kinda important and please excuse any weird mistakes my spellcheck changes everything. Please vote. :)