A Breath Taking Kiss

Start from the beginning

"I didn't take it," I said, "You dropped your core while transiting through the Ethereal gate. I just happened to find it and brought it to you."

"Why do you know about the core and Ethereal gates?" she asked.

"Well a lot has happened since you disappeared; I have my own core as well. But we can discuss all that once we are safe and sound. Now let's make haste and try to get out of here," I replied.

"A lot has happened? How long have I been trapped in here?" she asked.

"Long enough," I said.

She took the core out of my hands and wiped the tears that had just begun to gently roll down her flushed cheeks. I told her that old man Ishrafil sent me and instructed me to come to the edge of my soul where we would make the transit through the Ethereal gate. We began walking in the direction that I came from following the stacked stone marking which I had left behind. I told her of everything that happened while she was trapped here during our long walk.

She listened patiently and keenly. Also, I had noticed a smile on her face, while she looked at me. I assumed I made a positive impression on her. By now I was completely lost in her beauty and I failed to notice the changes in the surrounding. She just seemed to be happy to have someone to talk to. A sudden booming sound brought me out of my one-sided daze. It was the sound of the rolling of thunder.

When I looked around, the sky was filled with jet black towering cumulus clouds. The black clouds grew rapidly; it was almost like watching them in fast forward. We stood there watching the clouds suddenly take over the entire sky to create a black ominous overcast. With every crack of red lightning there was a deafening thunder which made us both jump.

 With every crack of red lightning there was a deafening thunder which made us both jump

She said, "Something is not right, we need to get out of here before it's too late."

"The old man said that he will be transiting me to a place close to the edge of my soul, so if we reach to the place where I started walking from we will be close to the edge," I replied.

She nodded in agreement and we continued to trace the path that I came from using my pebble markers. As we reached closer to the final marker, I felt some wetness on my arm. I looked and saw a red droplet of paint on my arm. As I stood there wondering where that paint came from, another drop fell on my arm.

She stood there with a confused expression on her pretty face looking up at the sky.

"Blood rain?" she asked, confused.

Soon the white ground began to be tainted by the stains of bloody rain. I felt uncomfortable with this new development.

 I felt uncomfortable with this new development