Chapter 6: And now we never will be...

After I had finally finished my long school day I went back to the my dorm room to change before I went to go watch Fred. If Angelina wanted to play then we'll play, and while she's in her sweaty quidditch jersey, I'll be in the hottest muggle clothes I own, with my makeup ON FLEEK ( yes I use the term on fleek don't judge me. ). I finally decided on my high waisted light wash skinny jeans with the ripped knees, a black tank top, a cream colored cami, and my black sneakers. I retouched my makeup but make it look subtle so that it just brought out more of my natural beauty, adding a swipe of a light champagne like color to make my blue eyes pop. I brushed out my long caramel colored hair into a high ponytail, making sure all my curls gathered at the base of my neck. Feeling I was ready I grabbed my book ( I'm re-reading  The Phantom of the Opera  ) and hurried out the door. As I approached the quidditch field I could hear Fred and George yelling and the sound of brooms swishing. I walked across the field ( it was safe because they were all above me ) and looked up to wave at them.
" Hi ( Y/N )! " They both yelled right before George beat away a bludger. I settled down in one of the stands and began to read where I had left off in my book. Harry soon noticed I was there and stopped looking for the snitch to fly over and say hello.
" Whats up ( Y/N/N ) ? " Harry said as you slid your bookmark in your book and closed it.
" Not much Harry, Fred asked me to come so here I am! " You laughed.
" Ahh.. Fred asked you to come? " Harry said while raising one eyebrow and smirking.
" Yes he did Mr.Potter! As Friends! " You said while sticking your tongue out at him.
" POTTER LET'S GO! THAT SNITCH IS YOUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND! " Katie Bell screamed as she dodged another bludger. Harry rolled his eyes and gave me one last grin before flying away. Soon after I returned to my book I saw the Hufflepuff team coming out to start practicing as well. Gryffindor was always friendly with Hufflepuff as they were always friendly in return, unlike Slytherin, so there was no issue with sharing the field. My eyes instantly traveled to Cedric Diggory, seeker for Hufflepuff. There was no denying he was very attractive, he was in the same year as Fred and George as well. He had dark brown hair, grey sparking eyes, and fair skin with rosy cheeks. He was a prefect, the Hufflepuff quidditch captain, and had ( surprisingly ) very nice handwriting, which I'm not sure why that mattered but it did. Honestly I didn't know one girl in Hogwarts that didn't have a current crush on Cedric, or did at one time. Me included, as I had been head over heels in love with him in my first year. I smiled at him and gave him a small wave, which he returned before mounting his broom and flying high into the sky. After searching for his own snitch for a good 15 minutes, he too came to chat with me.
" I haven't seen you around lately ( Y/N ) " He said while leaning into my section of the stands and unmounting his broom to chat with me.
" Oh I've been around I suppose, just busy settling in. " I replied, setting my book down.
" I heard you had a little... encounter with Malfoy today. " he said , smiling at me.
" Oh god are people talking about that... I just punched him the face ONCE for Pete's sake! " I laughed
" Well that's a pretty big accomplishment! " He grinned, gosh this guy just loved to smile.
" I suppose, but he really drove me to do it, it's not like I punch people on a regular basis. "
" I know ( Y/N ) you're a really sweet girl. "
" Aww thanks Cedric. "
We continued talking for a few minutes until I caught sight of Fred staring at Cedric like he wished his head would explode. I guess it was appropriate, considering Cedric was the captain of a rival team, but still I had to take advantage of what I had. I inched closer to Cedric placing one of my hands on his shoulder while we continued our conversation. Cedric said something that I believe was supposed to be funny so I threw my head back and let out a tinkling laugh before smiling at him with my eyes bright.
" Flirting with the enemy, Eh ( Y/L/N ) ? " I looked up to see Fred with an annoyed, maybe even jealous look on his face. 
" Nah mate we were just talking. "  Cedric said good naturedly.
I giggled " Yeah I haven't talked to Cedric in ages, Freddie!  "
" I can see that. " Fred said through gritted teeth. " Well ( Y/N ) I'm done for the day so we can leave, unless you'd rather stay here with your boyfriend.. "
" No I'm about ready to go. " I replied getting to my feet. I gave Cedric a hug goodbye and let Fred fly me down from the stand on his broom, which I'm not gonna lie, was a thrill. After we landed Fred immediately trudged off into the locker room to change, so being the good friend ( and crush ) I am I decided to wait for him. After about 15 minutes Fred still hadn't come out, so I knocked on the door.
" Hello? Anyone in there? " I called, when I was greeted by a freckled face belonging to George Weasley.
" What are you up to Lovey? " He asked me
" I'm waiting for Fred but he still hasn't come out yet. Have you seen him? " I replied.
" Oh... um.. Erm.. he's uh.. " George stammered.
" Ugh George I'm going in, it's a gender fluid locker room anyway. " I said as I pushed past him.
" ( Y/N ) I wouldn't! Come on let's just go to the common room! " I heard George call, but I ignored him.
" Fred? "  I called as I rounded a corner, then I stopped dead in my tracks. There was Fred, with Angelina on his mouth and his arms around her waist. I stood there for what felt like an eternity with silent tears running down my face before Fred must have heard me because his eyes fluttered open and he immediately let go of Angelina, who immediately realised what was going on and gave me a satisfied smirk.
" ( Y/N ) what.. What are you doing in here love? "
" Don't. Fucking. Call. Me. Love. " I growled " EVER AGAIN. "
" o..ok well um... this isn't what it looks like.. Well it is what it looks like but.. " Fred stammered.
"  Whatever Fred, It's not like we were ever together. " I said trying to seem nonchalant even though I felt my heart dropping to my toes. " A..and n..now we..we never will be. " I said blinking through tears.
" ( Y/N ) wait.. " Fred started
" Goodbye Fred. " I ran out of the locker room almost knocking into George in the process.
" Lovey... Lovey wait! " I heard George cry behind me then I heard him yell " YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID. "