xli. a night to remember

IMPORTANT: pls do listen to the songs I mention in this chapter to get in your feels! It's worth it, I promise.

Make up:  ⬇️    ⬇️     ⬇️

Make up:
  ⬇️    ⬇️     ⬇️

Make up:  ⬇️    ⬇️     ⬇️

Arzaya

"Honey, can you pose for me one last time?" my mom asked for like the hundredth time as I stood behind our wall.

I groaned. "Mom, you got enough pictures!"

I was really getting uncomfortable now because these heels hurt my feet and my makeup was heavier than usual. I loved the feel of my rose gold dress, though. It was really light and comfortable and I was so glad Shay picked it for me. The only problem I had with it is the slit because it shows my thigh and I thought it was kinda too sexy for me.

"But I need more!" she argued, holding the camera. "Come on now, darling. Look how stunning you are."

Dad suddenly walked down the stairs in a rush and he was hastily fixing his watch before seeing me in the living room.

"Who is this beautiful woman in my house?" he joked causing me to laugh.

"Thanks, dad," I said.

My mom then pushed dad towards me. "Alright, you both. Let me take a picture of you together."

Ugh.

Why was my mom so obsessed with taking pictures of me?

"Alright," she said after clicking the shutter. She turned back at me and smiled proudly. "You're so gorgeous, honey."

"You're real sweet, mom. But you've said that for the thirtieth time now."

She smiled. "I'm just happy to see you all glammed up. It's become a rare sight in this house ever since you and Stephen broke up. And look at you now, you're glowing! What do you think, Asher?"