3. Broken Cookies

"Yea he was pretty cute, not gonna lie. Although he does seem like a huge loaded douche, he might turn out to be nice...you never know. He seems interesting, I'm curious."
"..."
"Yes, yes I know. I have to be careful with unknown therians...especially wolves."
"..."
"Of course I'm returning, but I don't wanna seem too interested or desperate, y'know? I have to let him wait a little bit. Or should I? I mean...I'm not trying to play games, but how much time should I wait till I return?"
"..."
"Oh Klaus...you don't understand, you're a boy cat."
"..."
I pet my kitten after pouring my feelings. He's a very good listener, he can't talk -because he's a cat duh- but we therians can communicate better with animals than humans can. So much better. It's hard to explain.
We don't speak telepathically though...what is this? Fiction?

Ha. No.

But we understand each other better, just take my word for it.

I couldn't get him out of my mind after two days and I was growing more and more restless. Just itching to go back and feel the same adrenaline he gave me. My fingers drifted to where his large hand enveloped my wrist whole. His scent still lingering, my imagination bringing it back with random whiffs of the wind. I knew I was just imagining because I do these kind of things. I dive into the unknown. I have advised myself not to after countless times of heartbreak and trouble...but that was me. I couldn't stop myself from my emotional and excitement impulses.

"Ugh! Stop it! Don't do this!" I groaned, knowing I was too far in. Once I start day dreaming...I'm gone.

I caught a whiff of evergreen and cedar wood on my way to some errands. The forest isn't even near the city, it's only visible from my building, so there was no way the wind brought it all the way downtown. Not to the ice cream shop. Not to the book store. Not to the movie theatre. Definitely not to the dry cleaners. It was all me and I didn't know how to stop.
I saw him in my night dreams too. But for only a few seconds. Nothing significant either.

I look over to the leaf that booped my nose. It was in a little square frame on my window. The one that overlooks the forest in my room. I placed it there as soon as I returned and I had caressed it through the glass at least five times. This was magical. This was crazy. This was a bad idea.

I'm going back.

I walk over to my closet and pull out some jeans and boots -when you live alone pants are an option- then walk to my front door to grab an umbrella. It was raining this morning, but then again when isn't it raining in my part of Washington? Frantically I slip my phone into my pocket before I check my hair in the mirror. It was a mess of brown waves as I hadn't brushed it, but I liked it like that. I reapplied lipgloss and took a few deep breaths.

I looked over to Klaus who was sitting at the edge of my bed observing me

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I looked over to Klaus who was sitting at the edge of my bed observing me.
"Yes, yes I know I'll be careful. I can't promise I won't be foolish, because I wouldn't be returning, but I will be careful." I say as I scratch his chin.

What excuse would I have to go back?
Oh I can already hear him...
"Just couldn't keep away, tuts?"

Ew.

Well he probably wouldn't say something as douchey as that; I'm just picturing him that way.

I walk over to my kitchen and grab some of the amazing sugar cookies I baked this morning. I place them in a plastic baggie and slip them in my pocket.
How, you might ask?
Well, one reason I love these jeans is that it -unlike most girls's jeans- has very deep pockets.

On with my foolishness.

I open my window and very carefully climb down the metal stairs, careful not to slip.

In a few minutes I make my way under my umbrella, occasionally looking up as I can see the light rain drops sliding off it. The rain was so relaxing to me. Rainy days were my happy days and, contraire to popular belief, we cat people actually were not hateful of water. Some of us liked it some of us didn't really but that was more tied to our human personality...not so much our ailuran side. So I do like showering, if you were wondering. I can sit there for long whiles and pretend it's my own personal little rainstorm. My favorite thing to do when I have enough time is to let the shower run until the bath is filled, with me inside. It's like a little rainstorm in the ocean
I've never been to the ocean, by the way. One day I would love to visit.

Finally reaching the trees, I close my umbrella. I didn't really need it with them covering the light rain. I find the little mobile home where I met Luke. Maybe he would be there. Maybe he wouldn't. I know he visits it often because it was his scent that emitted from it. I could leave the cookies there for him to find another time.

I peek inside, no one. Maybe the door isn't locked.

A twig snaps and a low growl fills the air.

"Oh noo. It's the wolf. Please let me go. Granny is waiting!" I say sarcastically smiling as my back still faces him.

He still growls.

"Oh stop, you don't sca-"

I begin to turn but a hand pins my neck to the trailer.

It wasn't Luke. It was a curly-haired boy. A very angry curly-haired wolf.
"Stoh-p" I gasp. His firm grasp cutting off air and blood in my neck.

"Who are you and why are you on these lands, cat?" He spat.

Well if you weren't strangling me maybe I just might be able to answer.

Of course I didn't say that out loud. I would never dare plus he really was cutting my breath. I was terrified nonetheless.

My heart racing a hundred miles per hour wasn't helping. I was feeling woozy from the neck up, and from the neck down I was jolting and panicking. The panic just couldn't reach my brain.

Growing out of patience, he slammed my body against the wall. I think this is it, the last of my consciousness is slipping. Visions blur and I try frantically to free myself from his clutch but I have no strength left.

"Ashton! Stop!"
Ashton is yanked from me and I fall to my knees. As I catch my breath I hear growling and dagger words exchanged.

"Do you know this ailuran?! Answer me! Do you know her?!"
"Yes, I met her two days ago. You don't have to attack her, mate! She's fine.
"Fine? Fine?! She shouldn't be here! These are our lands!"
"Alright, alright. Calm down, technically not, Ash. She's not trespassing, I already made sure."
"Made sure? Look at you. Caring for this cat." He scoffs. "She doesn't belong here. She'll get us all in trouble. Get rid of her."
"She's not trouble! Sh-"

"Okay. I'm sorry. I won't come back." I cut them off with dry whispers

Luke helps me up and Ashton watches with a scowl.
I look up at the blond and take the cookies out of my pocket, now crumbled and shapeless. His eyes soften as I place them in his hands.

My hand rises to feel the tender skin of my neck, which will probably bruise later.
Luke brings his hand up to inspect as well, but I stop it midair. I feel humiliated and hated. I need to leave before my eyes betray me.

I pick my umbrella from the ground and walk away. The drizzle had stopped by now so I didn't need to open it, I just drag it along, strengthless.

I felt very much conscious of my body as I could feel them both watching me. I probably look pitiful.

Well lesson learned, and very early on, might I add. Maybe it was a good thing. Maybe I should stop giving in to my adventure-filled impulses. Maybe I should stop bringing my heart rate up with thoughts of Luke and running with wolves.
Maybe I should stop myself from dreaming.
Maybe I should stop.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The destroyed cookie part broke my heart! It broke Luke's heart too :(

Ocean Eyes | l.h. auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें