Calendar Girl

I love, I love, I love my calendar girl.

Dick looked over at Barbara, smiling as he brushed her hair out of her eyes and wiped away a smear of her halloween makeup.

Yeah, sweet calendar girl.

Nightwing couldn't help staring at Batgirl, taking down criminals like it was a ballet.

I love, I love, I love my calendar girl.

He glanced up at Blair as she stood on a stepladder and held a bunch of mistletoe over Dick and Barbara. "Well, better late than never."

Each and every day of the year.

Her hand barely touched his, but he could just make out the engagement ring under her glove, and his fingertips traced the outline of the tiny diamond.

January, You start the year all fine.

"Hey, Babs, come here for a second." He said as he spotted his best friend, still in her prefect uniform. Dick pulled Barbara closer by her waist, cupping her cheek before they both closed their eyes and melted into each other's lips, just as the silver ball dropped and cheers rung out through Gotham Square.  

February, You're my little Valentine.

"I made it myself." A ten year old Dick Grayson practically skipped up to Barbara, tiny in comparison to her classmates. As if being three years older tham him wasn't enough, the infamous Batgirl somehow managed to be in tenth grade already. "In art class, we had to make Valentines for everyone we loved. I made Bruce one, Alfie one, Ace one, and this one is your's. Sorry that I didn't get you something, but I spent my allowance on Ace's bone--" 

"I love it, thank you, Dick." She smiled, kissing his cheek just to humour him. "I got you something too." Barbara handed him a chocolate heart and another, much neater and less glittery, card. 

March, I'm gonna march you down the aisle.

Barbara couldn't help smiling as she wheeled towards Dick, who was staring at her with one of his stupid grins and he had dropped the ring he was holding out of shock. Blair had grabbed it, naturally, but it was still cute to watch. And a nice distraction to stop Barbara overthinking and running straight into Nell or Pixie or Damian.

April, You're the Easter bunny, when you smile.

"Seriously, Babs! Where did you hide it?" Dick laughed before his best friend seemingly plucked an easter egg from behind his ear. "You had it the whole time? That's cheating!" He protested before he held out an egg the size of his whole face wrapped in green foil. "But here's your egg, anyway." 

My heart's in a whirl.

Red Tornado folded his arms when he heard some strange noises coming from the training room. "Night...Nightwing!--oh!--H-hey! No teeth, Idiot Wonder!" He looked at the door for a moment before his lenses retracted and he quickly forced his mind elsewhere. "I do not need to know what human actions cause that reaction." 

I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl.

"God, I'm never going to leave you." Dick whispered as he braided Barbara's hair, sighing as he kissed her neck. He was barely nineteen, and she was twenty two, but he didn't care. Even since Kory hadn't worked out...it was nice to be back with Babs. 

Every day, every day, every day, every day, every day of the year.

He told her that he loved her every day as much as she could. As did she. It had become a game, a competition. Who could say the most 'I love you's'?