Immortal?

AMARANTHINE 
[am-uh-ran-thin] 

adjective
1. of or like the amaranth (undying flower)
2. unfading; everlasting
3̶.̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶p̶l̶i̶s̶h̶-̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r

______________________________________________

THE FIRST MISCONCEPTION OF THE WORD "IMMORTALITY" IS THAT IT MEANS YOU CANNOT DIE. Ever since people began to fear death, they searched for a way to avoid it. But no one can avoid death. You would have to be immortal, right? Wrong. 

Immortality simply means that you live no matter what happens. Whenever I die, I always wake up in someone else's body. This body is always that of a girl who has just recently died before they were supposed to. My life becomes their life and I get all their memories while retaining my own. Meanwhile, the world around me is manipulated into thinking the person I inhabit had never died. 

Death can be caused by many factors. Perhaps it was one action that caused a chain of events. Perhaps it was just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But sometimes people survive impossible situations. To the outside world, it is a miracle. But to me, it is my immortality. 

My life is a series of lives, none of which are my own. My story is a compilation of many. There is a saying that when one door closes, another one opens. 

For me, when one life ends, another one begins.