t w o

The sound of the pattering of the rain, calmed me down, it was peaceful. I loved quietness, but sometimes it was boring. I watched the rain from the window, people were running, or trying to hide from the rain. I sighed in annoyance, I wasn't going to stand here doing nothing.

I ran to the door and grabbed the keys, and got out of the flat. I rushed down the stairs quickly, until I got to the gate of the building.

I stepped outside, the cold air hit me, the rain was soaking my clothes. I just wanted to enjoy the rain, to feel it on my skin. I was hoping that the rain would wash my sins. I wanted my flaws to disappear, I wanted to be flawless. Maybe the rain would help me, but deep inside I knew nothing would help, it was just hopes. People were walking past me giving me weird looks. I don't blame them though, of course I look stupid. I took a deep breathe, I just wanted to rest. I need to stop thinking, and enjoy the rain. My feet hit the wet pavement, taking me to the park. It's about 10 minutes away from here.

My eyes searched for any bench to sit on. I finally found one, I sat on it.  I watched the rain drops falling hard on the ground. I felt someone sit beside me, I didn't bother to look at the person beside me. "Air“ a voice said, it was obviously a guy. I tilted my head to look at him. My eyes roved his face, then I remembered he was my new neighbor. "Harry, how are you?" I said smiling at him. "I am fine, what are you doing here" he inquired.

"Nothing, just enjoying the rain" I replied simply. "What about you?" I asked. "I was hanging out with my friends in a bowling place just 10 minutes away from the park." he said his eyes were sparkling as he gazed at the dark sky. "Nice" I said.

A heavy silence filled the air. It wasn't awkward, it was calming. "Where are you from?" I asked Harry. "You mean my hometown" he said turning his gaze at me. I nodded in reply. "I am from Holmes Chapel, and you?" he said. "Liverpool"  I replied quietly. We sat quiet for about 5 minutes.

"Do you like to go home?" he asked politely. "Yes" I answered him softly. "Let's go" he said while getting up from his place. I stood up from my place, walking next to him. He hooked his arms to mine. His action took me by surprise. I stared at him, rendering him the what-are-you-doing-look. He smiled innocently at me, showing me his dimples. I smiled back, as I let out a soft chuckle.

***

We got to the gate of the building, after 10 minutes walk. We talked about our lives, like our favorite color, what type of music we like, random stuff. But it was really a good time talking to him. I found out that he is in university here, but I don't recall the name of it. And that he works here in a cafe near his university."Air" Harry called snapping me out of my thoughts. "Sorry, I zoned out" I chuckled awkwardly. "Don't be sorry, we reached your flat" he said pointing at the doorway of my flat. "Yeah thank you for walking me" I said. "No problem" he smiled. He walked to his flat and opened the door, and then turned to look at me giving me a quick wave. I waved back and then went into my boring flat.