"What the fuck is this?"

The man stood in front of him and frowned.

Dave calmed down.

Okay, so he had expected it. But not this fast. He had actually expecting the subpoena. But he didn't expect it to be handed it to him in three days.

Shit. He knew he'd be sued by the parent and he still didn't hire a lawyer.

The Harper couple had sued him for murdering their girl, Anne, who died before she could be even taken in to the second surgery.

He was expected to make an attendance at the court on Friday. That meant he had three days to hire a lawyer.

Clutching his head he looked up to find the man already gone from there. He closed the door and walked over to his room to get his laptop.

He searched for lawyers and hot down the name, address and number of five of the best lawyers.

He went to the second best lawyer in the city, Stan Floyd only to see the Harpers waiting for the elevator.

Before they could see him he beelined straight to the door.

He went to four others. Each one of them declined.

Apparently the Harpers were well known and very well rich. And also very threatening. None of them wanted to break their connections with the Harpers.

One even tried to convince him into confessing his mistake.

Dave quietly left from there.

He found one of them who wasn't in any way connected to the Harpers. But apparently people were afraid of Floyd.

Dave went back to his house and jumped into a hot scalding shower. That eased out his stress. Grabbing a pair of board shorts he sprawled on his bed, face down

The buzz of his phone pulled him out of his thoughts of what he was going to do anymore.

"How's everything?" Zach asked with a bit of enthusiasm.

"My ass is being sued." He muttered

Silence spread across the line.

"Zach?"

"You didn't even last a year and you're already being sued"

Of course Zach would find the situation funny.

"Nobody's ready to take my case."

"Whom did you piss off buddy?"

"Max Harper." He murmured

"You mean Maxwell Harper?"

Dave sat up straight.

"Who is this person?"

"He's like the god of all the hackers. As in all of them practically worship him. He kind of got rich on something he created..." Zach rambled on and on and on about this IT god.

"Okay. Okay. Just tell me what to do now"

"You're screwed, man. Nobody would even look at him in a wrong way much less try to stand against him."

"Fuck." He rubbed at his eyes.

"Yeah."

"Never mind. I'll see what I can do." Dave mumbled.

"I'll see what i can do from here too."

Dave remembered Zach had said the same thing months ago.

Suddenly the wheels in his brain started churning.

If the Harper's were so famous, so rich why not go for the one who haven't yet lost a single case.

"I'll call you later." He said and cut the call before Zach could say anything.

He scrolled through his contacts and called only to have his call disconnected.

"Dammit."

Grumbling and cursing under his breath he threw his closet open grabbed a shirt and ran down the stairs as he pushed his hands through the shirt.

He buttoned his shirt and at the last button he realized that he had buttoned it all wrong.

"Fuck this."

He slid in his car and pulled it on the main road.

Before he knew it he was already in front of the familiar house.

Ringing the doorbell, he fidgeted wondering if she would agree or not.

The moment the door opened, he blurted,

"I need you."

********

Vote. Comment.

- Nami