Leaving

Chapter 18 - Leaving

TESSA COLE

Tessa stood there frozen for a moment before she melted in his arms. It was like coming home.

His lips moved over hers reminding her of their time together. Of the connection they shared. Of that hot need coursing through her veins everyone he touched her.

His soft lips molded over hers, with hers. When she had responded he had slid her hand to her nape and positioned her as such so he could take it more deep. Their bodies were flushed together and all thoughts of the case fled away. Her hands fisted his hair as she couldn't find it in her to push him away.

"This is. Not. Right." She muttered as he pressed hot kisses over her jaw. She moaned when he nibbled her earlobe.

"I don't care." He growled and went back to her mouth swiping his tongue over her lips. She gasped and he slipped his tongue inside, tasting her. She moaned as their tongues tangled together.

He started kissing down her neck and bit down, swiping his tongue over it to turn the sharp pain into something erotic that she couldn't help but gasp and moan.

"Dave. Please." She didn't know if she was telling him to stop or just urging him to continue. All she knew was that she was confused since everything was out of control.

A sharp ringtone ricocheted in the empty hallway and she jerked back as if it was a slap. She pushed Dave away, panting and walked over to the sofa, sitting down with her head bowed down trying to catch her breath.

The ringtone blared even louder and she fished out her phone, answering it without even glancing at who it was.

"Tessa Cole." She answered in a husky voice.

"Tess? Are you alright?"

Daniel's voice felt like a bucket of cold water in her face.

"Yeah. I .. um. I am."

"Hey. It's been a week since I saw you and I know it's pretty early to call somebody but I just touched down and I was wondering if we could have brunch together. Say ...11?"

Tessa sighed. The guy couldn't be anymore of a gentleman. Daniel was the kind of man she wouldn't hesitate to date. Why suddenly she didn't want to was a big question she wanted an answer of but was too afraid to ask.

"Daniel." She said with a sigh.

He sighed too. "Already?" He asked and she smiled sadly.

"Can you come directly to my place?"

He was silent but after a whole of two minutes he replied "yes" hoarsely.

"I gotta go." She said as she slipped her phone back in her pockets and raked a hand through her hair.

"You're still going back to him? After this. You know there's something between us, Tess. You cannot ignore it." Dave said as he took a swig from the half full Grey Goose bottle on the dining table.

"I cannot. And I didn't. But you did and honey, that's when I knew my mistake. I learn from my mistakes. It was a mistake back then just like it is now."

Dave left the bottle at the table and dropped down on his knees in front of her, his hands on her knees.

"Tess, I'm sorry for whatever it is that happened back then."

"Whatever it is..." She trailed and then a realisation struck her "You don't even know." She whispered, her eyes widened

Dave hung his head and rested his forehead on her knees.