~ 8 ~

Carrie's POV

-----------------------------------------

"I really hate you for making me go to school," I mumble as Mason leans against his bike and I lean against his chest.

"Well you're gonna hate me even more," he chuckles.

"Why?" I question as I look up and give him a tiny death glare.

"Jason started a rumour and it's bad in a way," he answers.

"What's the rumour?" I ask, a little scared of his answer.

"Apparently you and I were kissing in your room," he answers and sends me a fake smile.

"Don't you dare lie to me Mason Woods," I say, frowning a little.

"Ok ok but I wasn't lying. That's half of it. The second half is," he pauses and I grow anxious.

"Please don't tell me that we had sex," I plead softly.

"No but similar. Apparently it looked like we were about to have sex," he frowns,

"Oh god. The whole school is going to think I'm a slut. What will Brittany say? What if she threatens me again?" I begin to cry.

"Hey. It's ok. I'll clear everything up. Don't worry and please stop crying!" he pleads and wipes a few of my tears away.

"It doesn't matter if you clear everything up, Mason will continue starting this shit and he won't stop," I continue to cry.

"Carrie I know he won't stop but if you don't keep your head held high, he'll use that against you," he says.

"You're right," I sigh, wiping my tears away. "Do I have to go to school though?"

"Yeah I'm afraid you do. If you were to stay home today, it would just add to the rumour and make things worse for you," he replies, giving me a small pout.

"Fine let's get this horrible day over with," I sigh and he just smiles sadly. I get on his motorbike and he puts a helmet on my head. He puts on his helmet and gets on the bike. I wrap my arms around his waist and he takes off towards the school. When we arrive I can immediately tell that everyone knows about the rumour. I hop off the bike and take off the helmet before handing it to Mason. "I'm gonna go. I'll see you after school."

"Carrie!" he calls out as I make my way to the entrance.

"What?" I turn around.

"Don't take anything anyone says to you today to heart," he half smiles.

"Noted but you do know you'll most likely be dealing with tears this afternoon, right?" I ask, laughing a little.

"Just be strong and I won't have to," he jokes and I roll my eyes before walking off. As I walk past people I keep my head down so people don't recognise me. I listened into conversations as I walked by. Unluckily, most of them were about the rumour and how I was a slut but a few people had the decency not to gossip.

I suddenly realise I'm about to walk past Brittany's group and slow down to hear their conversation. "I'm going to make that little bitch pay for this. That and I'm going to have to put restrictions on Jason. Ugh couldn't that dickhead have thought of a better way to destroy the little slut," Brittany whines and the group agrees with her, of course. I roll my eyes as I think about how anyone who wants to get in good with Brittany will do anything she says, including torturing me. I continue walking until I reach Jess and Nat.

"Oh look who decided to show up," Nat calls out and almost everyone looks in our direction. "You're not feeling too sore or did you come because you wanted to keep up your good girl act?"

"Nat what are you doing?" I ask, tears already beginning to pool in my eyes.

"I'm not doing much. What about you Jess?" she taunts.

"Not much either other than letting the school know the slut is here," Jess laughs.

 "You know I still can't believe that she slept with your enemy Jess," Nat comments.

"Yeah neither can I but she probably was screwing around with him when he was bullying me," Jess rolls her eyes. Tears start streaming down my cheeks and I turn around to run away but an arm keeps me there. I turn to see Jess and she starts laughing. "I can't believe we were ever friends with a slut like you. Oh and slut, here's a pregnancy test. We thought you might need it." She hands me a pregnancy test box and then pushes me to the ground. I drop the box on the floor and get up. I start running and something smacks me in the back of the head. I slow down a little and after a minute I speed up again. I suddenly crash into a hard chest and I look up expecting to see Mason but instead see Jason.

"Aw did the little slut lose her only friends!" he coos and I slap him hard. His head moves to the side a little but when he turns his head back, he glares at me as expected. "You little bitch!" He shoves me to the wall and holds me by my neck. He tightens his hold making my breathing be cut off and I flail my arms around. "Aw can't you breathe?"

"Please," I manage to croak out and he releases my neck. He shoves me to the ground and delivers a kick to my left ribs before walking away. I get up slowly and run out of the school. I continue running until I get home. I open the front door and I see my mum on the couch. I try to quietly close the door but it just makes a loud thud.

"Who's there?" she calls out.

"It's just me mum," I croak.

"Oh sweetie," she comes rushing to me and gasps when she notices the state I'm in. "What happened?"

"Did Mason tell you about the rumour?" I ask and she nods. "Well Jess and Nat believed it and started saying all this crap. By the end I ran but into Jason. He shoved me to the wall and cut off my breathing for about ten seconds. Then he shoved me to the floor and kicked me in the ribs. All that before the first bell had rung," I explain and I can see tears well up in her eyes. It must really be difficult to lose a husband, lose a child and then deal with your last child going through so much bullying and that same child tries to end their life multiple times.

"Please baby girl promise me you won't start self-harming again!" my mum pleads, pulling me in for a hug.

"I don't know if I can mummy. It'll just continue like this and now my only friend is Mason but I'm starting to think that he'll end up siding with everyone else. I wouldn't blame him if he did," I start to cry and she just rubs my back soothingly.

"I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this baby girl," she coos.

**********************************
Here's another chapter so I hope you enjoy!
Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!
Also thank you for the 83 reads I've gotten so far! It means a lot! xx