Dear Reader...

Okay, are you reading this?

Bad idea. Now there's no going back. If you stop reading this story, there's an eighty percent chance that they will find you.

This story, by me, Luke Hemmings, is now the key to your survival.

Let me tell you a few things, get the ball rollin'.

1. I am a hybrid. I was experimented on when I was a child.

2. My band mates and best friends, Calum, Ashton, and Michael, don't know, because I haven't told them for both their safety and my own.

3. The people who experimented on me where the most horrible 'scientists' known to man. They abducted several children as young as four to fifteen for their often painful experimentation.

4. I was known as Subject 13. My DNA was unraveled and combined with that of a bird, this has left me as only 94% percent human. That last 6% has a lot to do with my life. I have wings.

5. My wings kick ass.

6. I am currently being hunted by Raptors, another recombinant group created by the lab. They are like me, only they can morph from human forms to monsters that have bigger wings, long talons, incredible eyesight and sharp beaks. The lab used them as guards and executionors. The Raptors like their job, like killing, like blood and suffering.

Okay, that's that. Now you know pretty much everything about my sorry excuse of a life, and, hopefully, this can help you, especially since you've become a part of the experiment from the moment you started reading.

Please, read on. This might be your only key to survival.

Also, don't. Tell. Anyone. About. This.

If they figure out that you've found this, found me, they'll start looking for you, with the intent to kill.

And, believe me, if they want to kill you, they'll find a way.

They always do.

~Luke