Boom Town

Sloan bumped into Jack as she was just about to enter the kitchen. She always seemed to find him in the kitchen, well the kitchen that was hardly ever used. They had gotten closer as friends since that day Sloan had really gotten to know Jack, though the woman knew that it wasn't even half of who Captain Jack really was, it didn't matter. She knew enough that she could put some trust into him and hope that he wouldn't break it.

"Oh hey Sloan!" He greeted as he steadied her making her smiled at him sheepishly, she should have been watching where she was going.

"Hey Con man, have you seen the Doctor? Or Rose for that matter?"

"Yeah not too long ago, they sent me to get you. Apparently we are going back to Earth but this time Rose is having her friend Mickey stop by." Sloan nodded since they'd met over a week ago the two had become quite close. Not as close as she and the Doctor are or even was from her memories of the past Sloan, but they were close. Together the two of them walk to the console area to find Rose and the Doctor. Sloan made her way to her best friend to see what he was doing. He was doing a bit of tinkering, with some wires near the wall.

There was a knock on the door who could only be Mickey as no one else would have noticed the TARDIS. Jack had been the one to answer the door, Sloan wasn't much of a fan of Rose's whatever he was.

"Who the hell are you?" Jack questioned as soon as he'd opened the door.

"What do you mean, who the hell am I? Who the hell are you?" The familiar voice of Mickey Smith questioned back.

Jack grinned at the man "Captain Jack Harkness. Whatever your selling, we're not buying." Jack told the man making Sloan giggle a little in amusement. This is why she kept the Captain around. The Doctor having heard the giggle looked to Sloan and grinned at her.

"Get out of my way!" Mickey said pushing his way past Jack and into the TARDIS.

"Don't tell me. This must be Mickey."

"Here comes trouble! How're you doing, Ricky boy?" The Doctor turned to face the newcomer with his red head lamp on, making Sloan giggle again.

"It's Mickey!" The man complained. Rose who had been by the console this whole time walked over to him.

"Don't listen to him, he's winding you up." Rose said trying to placate the boy.

"You look fantastic." He said making Rose grin and hug him. Sloan wasn't really watching, more focused on what the Doctor was doing than anything else.

"Aw, sweet, look at these two. How come I never get any of that?" Jack whined looking at both Sloan and the Doctor.

The Doctor stopped what he was doing again and looked at Jack "Buy me a drink first."

"You're such hard work." Jack complained before giving a pleading look to Sloan. She smiled and walked over before kissing his cheek making the man smile but the Doctor frown.

"But worth it." He told the captain doing this grin at the end.

Rose was used to the slight flirting that happened when in the presence of the Captain, but turned her attention back to Mickey "Did you manage to find it?"

"There you go." Mickey said handing the passport over to her.

She grinned holding it up showing it to the Doctor "I can go anywhere now."

"I told you, you don't need a passport. Sloan doesn't have hers."

"It's all very well going to Platform One and Justicia and the Glass Pyramid of San Kaloon, but what if we end up in Brazil? I might need it. You see, I'm prepared for anything." Rose defended playfully.