2. Big Bad

"Woah! Someone's hungry!" I mused when Klaus my kitten gobbles his kibbles as soon as they pour into his dish

Klaus my kitten gobbles his kibbles as soon as they pour into his dish. I dig my fingers past his fluffy dark fur to scratch his back gently, which earns me a loud meow.
"Okay! Okay! I'll let you eat!" I giggle.
With my tea mug in my hands, I walk across the kitchen to look out my window. It had been five days since I snuck out to the edge of the forest and every time I walked past a window I glanced to the enchanting trees, trying to convince my conscience that returning was okay.
I shook my head and made away to my room only to stare out of THAT window.
I couldn't wait any longer! Plus, it would be safer to return as it was 7 am instead of 3 am.
I bring my shoes from under my bed and put them on before quickly examining myself in the mirror. My outfit was cute. Simple but cute...not that I would see anyone anyway.

Once again I climb down the exterior staircase of my apartment building and find a gate opening hidden behind an old tool shed

Once again I climb down the exterior staircase of my apartment building and find a gate opening hidden behind an old tool shed. Why there's a random old tool shed outside of the maintenance office is what I've always wondered, but it's of no importance.
With no hesitation one foot moves in front of the other before I stop at the edge of the forest.

This forest.
I don't know why I must be here.

The first time I made it to only the edge. Only to the first fallen leaves merging with the damp meadow. Today I go a few yards in. The cool breeze nips my skin causing goosebumps, or maybe it was the anxiousness. I take a deep breath and let the smell of pinecones and needle leaves cascade over my senses and my heart races with excitement. The wind rustled through me, picking up leaves and kissing my exposed skin. I giggled loudly as I twirled around with the breeze, dancing through the air and bring my tshirt dress down from time to time. Not that anybody was around anyway, I could Marilyn Monroe all I want. I looked up at the sky, at a falling leaf. It was a green leaf as it was only the beginning of summer so probably a squirrel or bird knocked it down. I followed its little swish swoosh as it scooped through the air delicately. It landed right on my nose and laughter spilled from my lips joyfully. The forest literally booped my nose. My heart was so swollen and warm. I've fallen in love with these woods.
"Nice to meet you too," I began into the environment, "I told you one day I would feel you all around me."
I picked up the leaf from the ground and examined it for a few seconds before I decide to slip it into my knee sock. I wanted to keep it forever and I had no pockets so it was either my sock or my bra.
Walking further in, I notice a little tiny mobile home. Or at least I think it is? Judging from this distance it looks like it is. It doesn't look inhabited, as it's rusted with unkept plants growing wildly around it. The pale paint was flaking and it was empty; although it didn't look completely unfortunate and abandoned.
I curiously examine further and peek through a window to find that it was clean inside. It was furnished with whatever managed to fit in the small space. I could tell someone visited often, also because I can smell it around here. I don't recognize the scent but I know it's a person.

"Who the hell are you?!" A growl nearly gives me a heart attack as I spin to see who the menacing voice belonged to.

I immediately felt intimidated as this boy towered significantly over me

"Uhm. I-I'm sorry I didn-"
"Who. The hell. Are. You?" He repeated.
"Uhm. I'm Alessia. I didn't mean to intrude I was just..." He walked over to me tensely slow. His bright blue eyes fixed on my browns. I gulped while he showed no further emotion than the tension in his features. I couldn't move. I wouldn't dare. He didn't stop until he was face to face -or chest to face- with me. He smelled of evergreen and warm, burning cedar wood. It was intoxicating.

I was so scared to look up, but I couldn't pull my eyes away. My head was practically perpendicular to my body that my neck began hurting.
His heart was pounding steadily. He wasn't calm, but his heart wasn't too quick to  indicate further emotion than what I could see. Mine, on the other hand, was rapidly racing in my chest. I was scared of this very tall boy.

"What's a girl like you doing here?" He finally broke the silence.
"I just wandered off I'm sorry I shouldn't have I'll leave now I'll never co-" he interrupted my babbling with his hand firmly clutching my wrist, stopping me from walking away.
"I meant...what's an ailuran doing on this land?"
I stood wide-eyed and shocked. Ailuran?
"Wh-what are you talking about? What's that? I was just wandering arou-"
"Oh quit your rambling," he spat, "you've got kitty-cat written all over you. You wreak of it."
What? How did he know I was a cat?! My puzzled expression gave away my unvoiced questions.
"I've met cat people before and you smell like them," he sighed.
Well obviously he isn't human, but I don't recognize his scent.
"So what are you?" I ask.
"Lycan." He replied easily.
My heart speeds up again, which I'm aware he can hear, I've heard they were impulsive with their anger.
"I've never met a wolf before."

"Well darling, you've just met one," he winked.
"..."
"Oh no need to be scared of me, kitty, I'm not Big Bad..." he teased with a smirk.
I shook my head with a sheepish smile, what a perfect kind of smile considering he's a wolf.
"So what are you gonna do now? Are you gonna rip my throat out?" I ask defiantly, trying to mask myself with confidence.
"No," he chuckled, "no I'm not going to rip your throat out," he finished with a sigh and an eye roll, "we're not monsters y'know."

When he noticed I had no words he broke the silence again.
"I'm Luke."
"Nice to meet you, Luke. I'll be leaving now, and thanks for not dismembering me!"
"Will I see you again around here, Alessia?"
"Maybe. If you catch me on my way to my granny's!"
His amused smirk is the last thing I see as I head home.