Lex only chuckled at me. "My apologies, Amber. But this is just a reminder, or need I say, warning, of what happens when you don't accept an offer by me."

Tears were starting to fill my eyes. "Please don't......just....LEAVE HIM ALONE!" I shrieked. 

"I'm sure you will learn your lesson after this," he whispered venom.

Since I had just been exposed to Kryptonite, I couldn't use my powers, so I jumped to my feet and sprinted as fast as I could to keep him from hurting Clark. But I was too late. He raised the Kryptonite stone into the air and plunged it into Clark's chest.

"NNNOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" my screams seemed to go on for miles and miles of echoes in my head. All over the park....

Lex stood before me and looked down on me. "We shall meet again, Amber. And I suggest you make my capturing you fun. Obviously you are too stubborn to give up. Run. RUN!" he taunted.

He had already taken off in his stupid suit when my knees gave out. My chest was heaving as the tears welling in my eyes finally trickled down my face.

This is all my fault.

I reached in to Clark's pocket and retrieved his cell phone. I found Bruce's number and dialed it, trying to stay calm. 

"Bruce Wayne," he answered. I sobbed a little, losing my control. "

Amber, is that you? Why do you have Clark's phone? What's wrong?" he asked. 

"Lex...Luthor...he k-knows who we are. He w-warned me t-to run...and stuck K-kry-kryptonite in Clark's chest. He needs help!!" I screamed.

"I'm on my way. Get him to his apartment and wait there until I arrive," he said. He hung up, leaving me to get Clark to safety. I hoisted his arm up on my shoulder and I made my way home, running as fast as I could with the effects of Kryptonite still active in my body.

I made it in what seemed like forever. I was shaking violently from what I had just seen. My eyes averted from the floor to Clark's face. He looked like a corpse. 

My hand felt the pulse on his neck. It was too slow. I need to help him before I really do lose him. What do I do? What do I need to do?

My mind scrambled for a way to help him when I suddenly had it.

I plunged my hand into Clark's chest and grabbed the Kryptonite stone. Holding it alone drained me of energy, and increased the pain by more than I could ever imagine. I felt faint, weak, and like black, bone impacting bruises were all over my body. I threw the stone across the room, sliding towards the ground in a haze of unconsciousness.

~

"Amber...Amber, wake up."

My eyes fluttered, and quickly snapped open, taking in the face hovered over me.

Bruce had shaken me awake, telling me he would take Clark back to his place. He offered for me to go with him, but my mind was already made up. I stayed in the apartment and waited for Bruce to leave with Clark. After that, I packed a small duffel bag and sat down to write a letter.

'Dear Clark,

I'm so sorry for everything that I've caused. I'm leaving. I can't be here and endanger those I hold dear to me. Goodbye, and thank you for everything you've done for me.'

I shot up, my head throbbing in disturbance. Small wires were on my temples, and tiny sensors were under my neck. I ripped them off and threw them to the ground, getting up quickly.