With the distillation set-up working, Connor grabbed an apple and walked over to a little table covered in newspaper clippings and files. His eyes scanned the clutter quickly before pausing on one.

Shooting at Pastor Young's Memorial.

He scanned the article before he tossed it back on the table and grabbed a small post it. He stuck it onto the article and grabbed a pen.

Tyler Lockwood. Vampire + Werewolf.

Connor moved the article and note to a different section of the table as his eyes caught to files sitting invitingly in front of him. Elena Gilbert. Jeremy Gilbert.

He considered for a few seconds before he finished his apple and grabbed the file on the young boy first.

~~~

Caroline looked around the large living room at her family, a small smile on her face. Currently, Niklaus was arguing loudly with Rebekah about whatever stupid little thing they decided that they disagreed about, Elijah was sitting in his arm chair, a book in hand, trying to ignore his younger siblings, and Kol was pacing the room with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

Caroline knew that the younger Mikaelson brother was worried about Erikah. She has yet to get back in touch with them since Elijah had told her about the hunter.

The blonde closed her eyes and sighed, a mix of feelings flowing through her. On one hand she was ecstatic to be reunited with her family—she had been without her memories for the better part of a century, something that made her angry at her husband. She knew of course that his goal was to protect her from Mikael but his execution left something to be desired.

She would have preferred it if she was by his side instead of pretending to be a shallow human that became best friends with the doppelgänger.

The front door slammed, causing all the vampires to pause and turn towards the entryway. Stefan, Bonnie, and Katherine walked in with Damon trailing behind them, a look of uncertainty in his eyes.

"Why's everyone staring at us?" Katherine asked immediately and looked around at the group.

"Thought you were someone else." Kol answered before he went back to pacing. Bonnie walked over to her boyfriend and placed her hand on his shoulder, effectively stopping his pacing.

"Where's Elena? I thought she never let you go anywhere without her." Rebekah sneered at Damon and Caroline refrained from chastising the Original. They were all having a hard time right now—with that new hunter in town and Erikah leaving suddenly in the night, her only explanation being the recent freedom of an old friend.

When Stefan had finally stopped avoiding them and explained the letter, Caroline had been a little perplexed. Erikah had said that they would know exactly who she was talking about but it could be a multitude of people—not that the Mikaelson family had a great amount of friends. The blonde had finally just settled with waiting until the youngest Mikaelson returned to question her.

"She doesn't want to be around you people. And she had to go to school." Damon sneered back as he stepped forward a step. Caroline saw Stefan step slightly in front of his brother, a barrier between his blood and his girlfriend—something that she was going to need to talk to him about because, really, Caroline had missed a lot. "Besides, where is little Erikah? Did she finally get tired of you?"