Chapter 4-Awkward Encounter

Joeys POV

Where was I?! I woke up in a tunnel; last thing I knew I was in Shane's guest room. I was stuck in a long, dark tunnel. I couldn't move. I was stuck standing, looking down the tunnel. I could barely make out a figure. Next thing I knew I was running. Running down the tunnel to find Shane as the shadowed figure. 'Shane? What are you doing here?'. A voice came from his mouth but I couldn't make out what he said. He stood there, completely still. Out of nowhere a bus came and hit him. Shane?! We were both taken to the hospital. I sat on a chair holding Shane's hand. I was bawling and I didn't know what to say. I just sat there mumbling things like 'I love you Shane, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I need you'. I would hold his hand until the end. I would never leave his side. 

Lisa popped into the door. "Is he alright?" she asked just as concerned as I was. 

"I'm not sure. The doctors said they would be right back an hour ago." I said in a sad yet annoyed voice. Lisa sat down next to Shane opposite of me. She looked at his face. She immediately stood up and started pacing. Lisa then walks back over to Shane, kissed him on the head and then left. I didn't know what that was about but how dare she kiss him? You can't kiss my man.

The doctor then came in. "I'm sorry Mr. Graceffa but it looks like he isn't going to make it. The bus hit him towards the back of his head and hit this thing called pons. It controls his sleeping and swallowing. So even if he were to actually wake up, which I unfortunately doubt, he still wouldn’t be able to eat. I'm so sorry " he explained. As soon as his said those first two words my heart broke. No! He can't never wake up! That's crazy! The man that I had loved is gone and there's nothing I can do about it. Next thing I knew the line when dead. "No Shane! Wake up! Shane!!" I didn't know what to do so I could do was tell his name. "Shane! Shane!" 

"Joey?!" I was confused but I continued to yell his name. Next thing I knew, I was awoken from my nightmare. 

"Joey?! Are you ok?!" I woke up with tears streaming down my face. I sat up and I hugged him and I hugged him tightly. "S-S-Shane. Please d-don't go" I said in between shutters.

"Of course not Joey. Never." he said as he rubbed my back. Being in Shane's arms made me feel safe. I didn't know why I was feeling like this but I was happy the way I was; in his arms. I didn't like Shane did I? No. I can't. It’s not right. He doesn’t even like me. The thoughts in my head made me released my hold on Shane and sat back against the board. I slowly moved the wet hair away from my face and let out a huge breathe. 

"Joey are you ok? What happened" he asked. 

"I'm ok. I just had a bad dream"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I just.....please don't leave me." I said in a sad yet scared voice. 

" Never Joey." We sat there for another 5 minutes until Shane finally spoke up. "Can you please tell me what your dream was about?"

"I was scared because I thought I lost you." He looked at me in shock. 

"Really?" He asked in a curious voice

"Yeah. You mean a lot to me Shane and I can't lose you. I need you". I couldn't believe I just said that but I spoke what I was thinking. No really denying it. The moment I said those words I could see his smile turn into the Cheshire Cat smile. I smiled back at him and he looked down shyly. 

"Shane? Can you stay here with me tonight?" I begged

"Sure" he replied in a smile. I patted the bed next to me and I turned over to see Shane's back turned against me. I frowned slightly only to realize I had the chance to wrap my arms around him. So I did just that, I wrapped my arms around him. This was going to be a good night.