5.The night is young, my dear BFF and so are we.

Start from the beginning

Silence.

 I felt like actually slapping Shane myself. He was an insensitive jerk! I was about to give Shane a lecture when Jason opened his big mouth.

"Shane fucked Jane," he chanted, giggling. "Hey! It rhymes!" I mentally slapped myself.

Jane jumped at Shane once again but this time, Evan held her back by her waist.

"Come on," he said, pulling her to the stairs "He's not worth it." He said with despise.

Evan took Jane upstairs. We all let out tired sigh. I just wanted to spend the afternoon with my boyfriend; that was all. It wasn't too much to ask for, was it? But of course, I couldn't get what I wanted without someone spoiling it. In this case, Jason and Shane were the protagonists.

Stand up and take a bow, guys. If you can actually stand, that is. 

Lau, Jordan and I took the distraction as an opportunity to drag the guys to the hallway where there was a spare room. Jason fell asleep as soon as he touched the bed. Shane, on the other hand, was sitting up, staring right at me.

Lau and Jordan walked out of the room, they looked exhausted. Shane looked so vulnerable, he looked like a homeless beat-up puppy. His gaze felt so intense and heavy on me. I swallowed. 

"Sleep, Shane."  I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"Jules, I-"

"Just sleep, okay?" I cut him off. He nodded, laying back on the bed. He closed his eyes, I was about to turn around when I heard him mumble.

"I remember. I remember what I said to you last time we were here," I froze "I do remember, minion." He whispered, dozing off.

I stared at him for a while, letting his words sink in. He remembered. Then why did he lie to me about it? Shane started snoring softly. I smiled at him and proceeded to turn on my heels. To my surprise, Evan was standing in the doorway. I jumped a little.

"Hey, I didn't hear you come in." I said nervously. Evan eyed me suspiciously. His expression was blank, emotionless. It reminded me of the first time I'd met him. I didn't like it. I walked past him, into the hallway. I was practically running away from that room before Evan could ask me about what Shane said. I didn't know if he had heard him but I wasn't going to stay there to find out.

I entered the kitchen, rubbing my face. Jordan and Lau were there, sitting at the counter. Their heads shot up as soon as they spotted me. I sat down across them. They were sipping on their coffees.

"This is good," Lau complimented Evan's coffee.

"You okay?" Jordan asked, watching me.

I let out a sigh, "Yeah, I'm good."

"Want some?" he offered me coffee and I gladly nodded. So there we sat, having a cup of coffee in silence. We seemed to be processing the entire situation we had just gone through. I looked at Lau and she was the first one to burst into  laughing. Jordan followed her and soon the three of us were laughing our asses off. Apparently, we liked looking at the bright side of things and that was, that everything had been quite of funny. 

"What the hell happened to Shane?" I asked, my laughter dying a little.

"He got in a fight," Lau said, shaking her head "According to him, the bartender groped him when handing him a drink,"

"Seriously?"

Jordan nodded, "Yeah, some skilled bartender he was. How could he grope Shane when there was a bar separating the two of them?"