Only Sally Knows chapter 35

"Cat...can we talk?" I asked while climbing out of my bunk, and rubbing any sleep out of my eyes. I'd barley gotten any sleep last night. We'd ended up winning our homecoming game, which is cool...I guess. But since everyone was all over the football team, Tiffany couldn't get threw the crowds to talk to Carter. Knowing he's still mad at me for something I didn't do makes my stomach turn.

She sat up, while also rubbing her eyes. She'd looked completely worn out, which makes sense because she hadn't gotten home till 3 in the morning. Out with Maxwell all night is my guess, that kid is really starting to bug me, " About?" She finally replied.

"About what was with you last night. I mean, I’m sorry I flipped at you for not waking me up, but that's no reason to completely freeze me out."

She looked like she wanted to tell me something but couldn't. Which is ridiculous! I'm her best friend! She can tell me anything. She must have come to this realization too, because she then spoke, " Well, I vent about you to Maxwell a lot."

I nodded with her, not really understanding what Maxwell has to do with all this. She continued on.

"And...well, he said it seems like you take me for granted a lot. That I shouldn't let you always boss me around, and that if you can't trust me, why should I trust you? And well, at first I believed him, but after how much torture it was for me to ignore you last night I realized I don't care how you treat me. You're like my sister, and I take you for your good and bad qualities."

I...never realized I took her for granted? And what would make her think I didn't trust her! I just couldn't talk to her about some things. Well, lately I only talked to her if Nate, Carter, and Zack were all busy, but that's not taking her for granted!....wait. Maxwell's right! This kid that I've never met in my life is right about me. I want to punch this kid and thank him at the same time.

I sat stunned for a moment, opening and closing my mouth with a bit of disbelief. I can't believe I never saw how much of a bad friend I've been.

"I'm sorry. I knew it was ridiculous to listen to him. He was wrong-" I cut Cat's unnecessary apology off by tackling her into a big bear hug, wrapping my slim arm around her as tight as I could. Wishing this one hug could make everything better.

"No Cat, don't apologize. He was completely right. Like, dead on right. I'm so sorry. When I see this guy tonight I'm going to give him the biggest thank-you in the world!" I declared as I clung to her.

"Why would you thank him?" Cat asked confused with a laugh in her voice, signaling that I was completely forgiven with no hard feelings.

"Well for being there for you when I wasn't for one. And making me see what a shitty friend I've been." I said, finally letting go of Cat. I feel like I'm in some crappy Life Time movie that teaches people about true friendship.

Cat pretended to brush dust off her bare shoulders, "It's not even a big deal Sal. Besides, we have other things to talk about! Much more important things!" Cat paused a moment for dramatic effect before continuing on, " Homecoming is tonight!" She finally cheered her eyes lighting up like a child's on Christmas day.

"Whoop-de-do." I said in a monotone voice, not being able to muster up the energy to fake excitement.

I suddenly felt something warm and clammy hit against my cheek, and an loud 'smack' sound fill the room, " Did you just slap me!?" I asked in disbelief as I held my hand to my cheek to stop the throbbing. Did that literally just happen?

" Yes."

" What the hell, Cat!" I yelled in exasperation. I'm not really mad at her, because I admit a person getting hit randomly, for no reason at all is pretty hilarious. Well, when the person isn't you of coarse.