Chapter Two

You can fake a smile, but you can't fake your feelings.

- Anon

(Unedited cause it's 4:25 am and I'm tired af.)

{Clarys POV}

Usually, when people are acting, they are provided with some kind of costume.
Another layer of lies to help them become that person.

I, however, wasn't provided with such things and so I still felt and looked like the same old me. Tight black jeans, green vest top, chunky black doc Martins and my favourite denim jacket to top it all off as usual.
I felt way too hot even though I wasn't even wearing that many layers, I was so nervous. My palms were sweaty and coincidently my knees were weak and my arms were also heavy. Thank god I wasn't nauseous.

I gripped onto the strap of my messenger bag around my shoulder as I saw his car turn the corner, I quickly fix my hair and hope he doesn't notice I'm wearing more make up than usual but then that was the exact reason I was wearing more make up anyway wasn't it? So he would notice.
Don't get me wrong, I don't usually wear a lot of make up anyway.

He pulls up in front of me and I realise my mouth is awfully dry and try calm myself down, rustle around in my bag with one hand to find my water bottle while Jace pushes the passenger door open from inside the car, smacking me on the leg. I glare at him but he seems indifferent to my emotions at all at the moment.

"We'll get in then," He orders me, not taking his eyes off the road
"The sooner this days over the better."

I slide into the passenger seat of his car and he reaches over me to shut the door behind me like I'm unable to do it myself, I pay no attention to this though, I enjoy putting him out.
I unscrew the lid of my bottle while he drives off in the direction of our school.

"Well this was 'practically your idea'" I remind him, wiping my mouth with my sleeve and putting the lid back on the bottle "also it's not like we're going to have to do it for long."

He nods, agreeing with my second point I'm guessing and whacks the CD player a few times to get the CD inside to play

"You should get that fixed maybe" this whole car looked like it was falling apart actually, very unlike Jace.
But then look at me acting like I know him.

"Why bother?" He gives me a quick glance this time before turning back to the road

"Well you enjoy music and the CD player is a piece of shit..." I trail off, wasn't that enough to get it fixed?

"Well yeah," he nods again, turning left "I don't use the car though, I take my bike everywhere."

I feel like an idiot. I knew this. I hadn't seen him in his car at all this year because his dad bought him his motorbike for the start of his senior year.

He had the Black Keys on, a band we both liked. I wasn't sure wether he'd done it by accident or if he'd meant to choose the CD our late friendship grew over. I guess it didn't really matter either way.

He pulled up into the school parking lot and I had only realised that I had stopped sweating before when it started again once we found a parking spot. I fix my hair again, a nervous habit of mine and go to pull the handle to open my door

"Wait." He stops me, getting out of the car and walking around to my side to open the door for me now, I felt my face twist slightly in distaste and got out of the car.
He held his hand out for me to take and I scraped my hand twice on my jeans trying to rid it of sweat, how attractive.