Chapter Seventeen

"Harry."

Get away from me, you freak.

"Harry."

Why are you chasing me? God, just go away!

"Harry, wake the fuck up!"

Once my mum yelled at me, I was up. I don't know why my heart was beating so fast, but it was. Maybe it was because Mum woke me up by yelling. Or I had a bad dream. I can't remember.

"What Mum? It's Saturday." He frowned as he looked at his alarm clock. 10:30 AM

"It's also Halloween and we have to get ready for Melissa's Halloween party at her house. Tons of people are going to be there, and I don't want to be the only person in town to miss it."

Melissa is my mums friend, she always throws the best Halloween parties and they've been the talk of the town since she started throwing them, like 5 years ago. They're family friendly, it's not like a high school party, but it's not like I've ever been to one of those before. Only alcohol for the adults, but you have to be sure to have an Uber or a safe driver. It's pretty cool.

"Okay, what do you want me to do about it? It doesn't start until later tonight, so?" I put my hands above my head, watching her as she picked up some dirty clothes off my floor, holding them in her arms. "Well, do you have a costume? And I'm sure Gigi would love to join you, and other friends." She shrugged. "But do what you want, you're going regardless. You'll make tons of new friends." She smiled before walking out. I rolled my eyes. "You say that every year, it's not going to happen!" I roll over on my stomach, putting a pillow over my head. I don't know if I want to go or not, like yeah, it's fun every year. I just don't feel like going. But I know I have to.

I sighed, rolling out of bed. I don't even have a costume, or any idea for a costume. I grab my phone off the night stand, opening my texts. I have no new messages, which isn't really all that surprising, I mean, let's face it: I am a fucking loser. I've come to terms with the fact that I was born gay, with no dad, and the only person who could ever possibly like me is a teacher. Nuts, right?

I just haven't been feeling the best lately. I've been downing myself a lot. I honestly have no idea why. I've been thinking the worst lately, for example: I was laying down in bed the other day, trying to sleep so I wont be totally tired in the morning when I wake up for school. Automatically, my mind starts wondering off to scenarios like, if my mum died. What would I do? My family doesn't really like me. They never really have. They don't talk to us much, and they never invite us to family gatherings. Sure, I guess I could tell Louis and he could somehow be my guardian, but would that be considered incest? Like that's a little fucked up. But look who's talking, a guy who fucked their mums boyfriends son.

In my personal opinion, I don't think my mum and that guy will last long, even though she is pregnant. I just hope she finds someone who will actually treat her well, so the stress can be lifted off her shoulders. She goes through a lot. I feel so bad for her.

I press on my messages with Louis. "What should I be for Halloween? (:" I feel a little cliche when I put a smiley face at the end of my texts, but I don't want to be totally awkward. Do you know what I mean? It's like, super awkward when you talk to someone over texts.

I go on Party City's website and look through the cheapest outfits. I dread going out tonight to go get this costume, it's going to be crowded with people who were too lazy to get their costumes a bit early, much like me. Did I mention I really hate when people are too much like me? Irresponsible and lazy. Me. I'm the worst for it.

Indian? No. Cop? No. Playboy bunny? Funny, but sadly not.

My phone buzzed.

Louis (: : Dress up as your friend Gigi. It'd be pretty funny. What are you doing tonight, btw? I want to go to this party.