"Nick."

"Hello there you, can I speak to you a second?" His eyes flickered to Katie and Mali. They looked to me and I nodded my head. They left but I knew they would be back soon.

"What's up?" I kicked the blanket off the couch and tried to tidy up the place before he sat down. It was no use, the place was just too messy.

"Don't worry about the mess." He smirked my way. He really was handsome, not quite Xavier, but handsome.

Nick came to sit down beside me, he leaned back just like he was at home. I admired his confidence.

"I didn't come here to beg you to get back with Xavier or to rub it in your face, I just wanted to tell you that he's a mess without you." I lowered my head. I had done that to him even when he needed me the most. What sort of person was I?

"I'm sorry." I repeated.

"Don't say sorry, it's not your fault, I understand where you're coming from but Xavier is my cousin, he's family and I want to see him happy." He chuckled a little. "Besides, when we love, my God do we love."

"What about you?" I asked.

"What about me?"

"Have you found love?" He smirked in reply.

"I like girls too much to settle down, I'm only twenty two, I'm not a grandpa like Xavier." I let myself giggle. I missed him, I missed everything about him. I felt lost, a void. "Anyway, Xavier's trying."

"Is he?"

"Do you know where he went tonight?" I looked to Nick and shrugged.

"He made an appointment with a therapist, he went tonight." I gasped.

"But Xavier hated the thought of a therapist." I stated. We had talked about it once after he had a terrible nightmare. He was totally against it, nothing I said would make him go. I thought it was for the best but Xavier hated showing his feelings and telling people how he felt, he always had, so doing that with a stranger was a no go.

I was so shocked.

"He did it because he thinks it'll get you back."

"I want him to do it for him." I didn't want him to do it just for the sake of bringing me back. I wanted him to want himself.

"Babe, you don't get it." He chuckled. "He's doing it for your relationship. He's making himself a better person for you so you can work things out. He's not dumb, Em, he knew he was ruining your relationship and he needed help, he's willing to change now so you two can make a go at things."

"God." I breathed. I didn't know what to think. Hope bloomed in my stomach, maybe we would work. God, I wanted us to work more than anything. He was willing to help us work, he was putting in the effort, he was willing to do anything, even something hated, for us.

I didn't deserve him.

He was such a thoughtful, loving and kind person. He was more than I could have ever deserved. Fuck, I love him.

"Shit." I gasped. "I need to see him."

"He's still out at the moment, I'll notify you when he's back, sit tight." Nick got up from the couch, I was ready to run to wherever he was. "I'll tell him
to come and get you when he's home."