Chapter 1

Emma's POV

We were rushing into the hospital. Killian was carrying Ashley because she couldn't run for herself due to the pain in her stomach.

She got hurt by her evil stepmother because she defended her sister Corinda. I thought I healed her with my magic. The blood stopped and everything, but the pain didn't, so now we are here in the hospital. Maybe Whale could figure out what's wrong with her even though I doubt it. He isn't the best doctor. Last time o was here he performed a surgery while he was drunk.

But still when a nurse approached us I told her to get Dr. Whale. I don't even know if this hospital has any other doctor. Its weird.

A few minutes later we were in an examination room and Dr. Whale was checking what's wrong with Ashley. Killian and I left the room though and sat down in the waiting room.

I hope she'll be fine. She was kinda my first friend in this town next to Mary Margaret. I couldn't live with her dying. Especially not when it's my fault.

My magic should've worked earlier. I should've stopped her. Then she wouldn't have got hurt in the first place. Or I should have my magic better under control, so I could safe her.

Killian obviously sensed my worry since he was putting his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"Its okay, Swan. She'll be fine." I turned to look at him with small tears forming in my eyes. I couldn't express how much this means to me: him being here to comfort me. I never had this in my past, but all that changed when I met my pirate. He was always there for me even when I was still too stubborn to admit that I like him.

"Thanks."

He smiled without me having to explain for what I'm grateful. Thats another part of him that I love. He can read me so easily that we can communicate without actually saying anything. A look is enough.

"Ms Swan." a nurse said from behind me. I placed a small kiss on Killians neck and than stood up, approaching the nurse.

"Is Ashley okay?" I asked. My voice full of worry.

The nurse smiled sadly at me. "I'm sorry to say this, but...no she isn't. The cane hit her a small part of her lung." I swalled hardly. This can't be real. I can't lose her. I'm supposed to be a Savior, which is my death sentence. When I don't really safe people and still die, then what am I? No one would remember me after a few weeks. I can't even safe my friends.

"The injured part of her lung is very minimal, but she still needs a transplant in the next week or she'll suffocate."

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Killian squeezed my waist to reasure me everything is going to be fine.

I turned around and hugged Killian tight. My friend just needs a transplant. She's going to be fine. I mean no one was going to deny her this. She isn't an alcoholic or a criminal. They'll find her a new lung.

"The problem is..." No. No problem. There isn't supposed to be a problem. The nurse can't just give me hope and then take it all away. Thats cruel. I once told Henry that. I remember it clearly.

"Not having a happy ending is painful enough, but giving someone unrealistic hope is far worse."

"...this hospital is very small as you may have noticed and we don't have the equipment, which is required to do a lung transplant."

"Then why don't you just transfer her to another hospital, which has the right equipment?"

"That isn't possible, Swan." I turned to Killian and looked at him with an confused expression on my face.

"The evil queen locked us in this town. Remember?"

How could I be so stupid? I was the one that found out there was a spell on the town line, which prevented us from leaving Storybrooke...again.

"Then I'll find a way to erase that spell." I turned to the nurse again. "Please keep her alive during that time."

She gave me a pitiful smile and I was starting to go in the direction of the entrance of the hospital, but Killian stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"Where are you going?"

"To Regina. Its a spell from her curse. She must know how to erase it." he smiled at me. "Can you please stay here and take care of Ashley? Call me when something happens?"

"Sure, Swan." He smiled to encourage me. "And when she doesn't know I'm sure you'll find the answer."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I believe in you. When someone can figure this out...it's you." I smiled at him with tears in my eyes. I loved when he believed in me. It made me believe in myself.

"I love you."

He smiled with the delight of a kid on Christmas morning. "I know. And I love you."

I smiled at him brightly and gave him one last kiss before leaving the hospital and calling Regina.

"Hey, Emma. What up?"

"Where are you?"

"At my house."

"Okay. Are you busy?"

"No. Why?"

"Meet mebin your vault in 5. I'll explain when we're there."

I hang up and went to the cemetary, where Reginas vault was located.

I'll try to find a way to leave with Ashley and I won't give up until I succeeded. I will succeed. I know it. Its only a matter of time, but that doesn't mean I'll fail because I won't. I know it.

I'm the Savior, so I should be able to safe my friend.

Happy Halloween guys 🎃. Are you celebrating it?

Also please let me know how you like this.