* Loving Melody (8) *

Melody

I turned off the lights trying not to get too annoyed with his mood swings. I mean, what was his problem? He can't just come and go as he pleases, whenever he wants. He didn't even reply to my last text.

His absence hurt me. I needed him to be with me, though I didn't know why I did. I thought he was, and would be there to help me keep it together. I thought I meant something more.

I thought about how much my personality has changed over the last couple of months since I met him. I was never this upfront about things, and I used to be too shy to say my opinion. This was a good step for me, and sadly he was the one who made me take it.

I shook my head trying to get rid of all the thoughts swirling around in my head and went to bed. A few minutes passed and I couldn't sleep, it was too hot in here. I walked towards the windows, attempting to pull it up, It never opened easily anyway.

A car that was parked in front of the house had it's lights on, and I wondered who it could be at a time like this. I thought I'm better off hot than kidnapped, so I just closed the window and went back to bed, noticing my cell phone on. It was a call from Christopher.

I waited till he hung up and tried sleeping again until my phone once again lit up, this time with a message.

C: I know you're awake..

How would he know?

M: I was just about to sleep.

C: can we talk for a minute?

M: I prefer not.

C: Just come outside.

He was outside? The car, that's him!

Then another one..

C: Please, Mel.

That was how I found myself outside a few minutes later, standing at the door while he was walking towards me. He was wearing a plain white shirt and sweatpants, and it was one of the few times I saw him in something other than a business suit. His hair was a bit messy, like he ran his fingers through it a few times. He looked ridiculously handsome even in those, and that was very frustrating. I haven't seen him in two months, and seeing him now made me realize how much I've missed him.

He just stood in front of me, without uttering a word. Just looking at me, like he was looking into my soul.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" that was the first sentence that came out of my mouth, and I couldn't help myself.

"Like what?" He smirked. He actually smirked at me! The nerve!

"You know like what." I tried to stay calm. I don't even know why I'm so annoyed with him. Well, I do know why, but it shouldn't bother me this much. This was so unlike me.

His expression turned serious in a second, leaving no trace of the smirk he had plastered on his face. "Can we talk?"

I was having a hard time concentrating on what he was saying, since it was really dark outside, and just a dim light was on. Plus, the fact that I needed sleep didn't help at all. So I willed myself to focus on his words, so this can be done and over with.

I nodded, averting my gaze for a second then looking back at him. He was watching me closely, as if reading through my every move. What was with him today?

"I..I wanted to apologize for the way I've been acting lately." He stopped, seeming to think of what to say. I kept quiet, not really having anything to say to him, so I just crossed my arms, waiting. He noticed this, and took it as a sign to continue.