9

I kept replaying what had happened, Mason was never violent towards me before, maybe to those around him when they assume things about him but never to me.

Tears spring to my eyes as I remembered the look on his face, it was like ice in his eyes, the look of resentment, she could sense it and didn't like it.

I wish I knew what happened to make him change so drastically but then again I was regretting ever being his friend, it made me reconsider. Maybe he was no good for me, maybe I can finally focus fully on school and stop worrying about some overly rich boy who was going nowhere.

I gripped the steering wheel with all my strength even though it caused me pain.

"Forget you, Mason Reid, I'll treat you just as how you treated me.''

I tried to rush up the stairs the moment I got home but my father stopped me, by blocking my path.

"Hey there kiddo," he tried for a smile.

I gave him a forced smile, "h-hey dad."

"Haven't been seeing much of you lately."

"Yeah, you know caught up with school."

Dad looked nervous about something, he stretched the back of his head and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

Unexpectedly he pulled me in a hug, ''I missed you kid, I promise to be a better man. Be the father that you really need, I also want to apologize for what I have done in the past. You didn't deserve to go through all that.''

I blinked several times, was I really hearing right? Did that push scramble my brain?

I slipped away from him and took the stairs two at a time, I really don't want to communicate with him, especially now.

I could hear him grumbling under his breath but I didn't care, if he wants to make amends then he should leave.

I leaned on my door, there was no way I could deal with all this drama.

I face-planted on my bed and groaned, I took up my phone then placed it down, I took it again and texted Mason.

"Hey" the message simply said, as I waited and waited for a reply.

I groaned and rolled to my back, contemplating on going over to his house but thought not to. For one I didn't know if he was there, and if he was I didn't want another episode like today happening.

I soon drift off in a deep sleep, dreaming about the day but instead of Mason pushing me to the ground, it was my own father. He was yelling intangible words, with a beer bottle in hand.

Soon after everyone I knew walked past, turning a blind eye, abruptly they stopped only to start laughing and pointing. I tried to run put got nowhere, instead, I was sinking, the last thing I saw before being completely submerged was Charlotte and Mason having a heated make-out session.

My eyes popped open with a stare, sitting up in bed I tried to rub the sleep from my eyes, after coming out of another dimension of swirls and patterns, I looked to the left corner where I heard a thudding sound. My mother was on the floor, while dad had a sick smile on his face, he raised a bloody finger to his lips, telling me to keep silent.

At that moment I screamed then sat bolted up in bed out of my dream, the first thing I did was to check the corners of my room to make sure it was just a dream. I have never had dreams so vivid before, much less a dream within a dream.

I ran my hand through my hair several times to calm myself, telling myself that it was all a dream.

I checked my phone soon after, excitement washed over me upon seeing two new messages, my mood was instantly dampered after seeing that the first message was from the phone company and the other was from Charlotte.

'Looks like you have been replaced. ; -)'

'Girl please, besides don't you have a teacher to blow. I know that's how you keep your grades up.'

I smiled at the angry face Charlotte sent and replied with the middle finger emoji.

Once again I drifted off back to sleep but I was once again awoken shortly after, this time I couldn't move my limbs, they left numb, I tried screaming out but my voice didn't work. I instantly knew that I was having sleep paralysis all because I was stressed, stressed out about my best friend and father.

I tried to take calm deep breaths until I felt like a weight has been lifted from my chest, I slowly turned my head to the left to look at the time on my alarm clock, it was now Sunday, five-thirty three am. I signed and decided to get up, the first thing I did was clean my messy room, then got my uniforms in order and polished my school shoes. Then got to finishing my homework, I had a hard time holding the pen but managed, my hands were still weak from the night terrors I have had, causing it near impossible to write.

After completing all my tasks, I took a long hot well-needed shower.

I glanced at my appearance in the mirror, I scrunched up my nose, I knew that a lot of guys liked me but I didn't see why.

Sure everyone always compliments me, saying I could be a model but despite all that, I didn't like my A-cup chest, my skinny legs or my skinny frame. I sighed as my eyes travelled back up to my face. A frown was set between my arched brows and my lips were turned down.

That's when I made a decision, to dye my hair back to its natural colour, blonde.

Mom had steam coming out of her ears when I first bleached it and dyed it peach, at first I didn't like it but it grew on me. I laughed, my hair was only like that because Mason had dared me to do it but since we were no longer friends I will be going back to my old self.

Besides, the peach hair did not match my skin tone.

The only downside to it will be is this I will be looking like my father, which I hated.

After bleaching my hair and washing it with blue shampoo, I wrapped it in a towel then went for breakfast, I was greeted with the wonderful smell of, waffles, coffee, eggs and sausage. My mouth began to water as I made a plate for myself, then I noticed a note on the counter.

"Your father and I will be back soon.'' I crumbled the paper, I didn't mind being alone for a while, especially seeing that I'm having a tiny breakdown.

I did the dishes that my parents didn't even bother to wash up, then head back up to my room.

I remove the towel to style my hair, instead, I stared at my reflection in shock, my hand found my mouth. My hair was no long peach but blue.

******.