Tasha was curious at what she heard but decided to remain in the room with the woman, she thought she might want some company.

A few minutes in, Tasha heard voices echoing again through the hallways and turned to the door. Her eyes widened with shock as she saw her unconscious body, on a stretcher, stroll by with a few nurses in tow

Tasha quickly ran after them. After a few minutes of looking around she saw the nurses, along with her unconscious body, went inside one of the rooms.

Tasha stood outside for a few moments, contemplating on what to do next. She knew she'd find answers if she went inside. So with a deep breath, she entered the room

Once inside, a sound of a machine beeping loudly was heard as the team of nurses and doctors were pacing around the room, trying to regain control of the situation.

In the middle of this ruckus, Tasha quietly placed a hand on her chest as she stared at her unconscious, pale body, with an opened chest, lying on the operating table.

Tasha stood quietly outside the OR, taking in what she just saw. Just then, voices once again echoed in the hallways, this time a group of medics carried in a girl. She was unconscious, bloody, heavily wounded and barely breathing

Tasha got a glimpse of the wounded patient as she was strolled by. The girl looked like she was the same age as her but her face was so covered in blood, she was almost unrecognizable.

The doctors and nurses wasted no time and rushed the girl inside the emergency room next door.

Moments later, Tasha felt someone hold onto her hand. She turned and saw a beautiful girl with long loosely braided hair smiling at her. She said nothing and instead pulled Tasha towards an empty seat nearby.

The girl sat down and motioned Tasha to sit next to her which Tasha did with no questions asked.

Tasha stared at the girl next to her, wondering how she could see and touch her when no one can

"You must be wondering who I am, right?" The girl suddenly spoke

Tasha slowly nodded

The girl pointed at the room next to the OR, "I'm the one those medics carried in that emergency room, the one that looks like a bloody mess, literally"

Tasha showed surprise-filled eyes, "that's you?"

The girl nodded, "and you're the one in that room right?" she pointed at the OR sign by the door, "the one whose heart is being operated on"

Tasha nodded, "how did you know?"

"I wandered around a little earlier and saw you in there then when I went outside I saw you here which is surprising but kinda made sense of what's happening around here"

Realization slowly reached Tasha's mind, no wonder she can't be seen but if this girl sees her then they must be both..., "um...are we both dead?"

"I don't think so" the girl answered, "I still have a pulse and your brain monitor is still showing activity"

"That's...um...reassuring?" she replied while trying to be calm

The girl chuckled at Tasha's response while Tasha turned to her with a confused expression, "You're laughing at a time like this?"

"Because you're funny" she answered, "and it's always good to laugh, even at times like this"

Tasha, although a bit weirded out, can't help but be endeared by this unnamed girl. And somehow being with her gave her a sense of serenity, "You sure are weird, but in a good way" she said