The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 10]

Start from the beginning

"B-but-"

"Just come on," said Tasha, taking my arm and leading me to an empty booth, she said across from me. She probably wanted Jacob to sit next to her so she could--

"Why are you two always like that?" She hissed, looking across the restaurant at Jacob, who was texting someone on his cell phone. He looked so....

"STOP IT!" I yelled out loud to myself.

Tasha looked at me strangely. "Stop what?"

I coughed a little, "Oh. Um. Nothing...sorry..."

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Whatever. Anyway, do you think he likes me?"

I looked at the table and shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe..."

She giggled in delight, "I think he does! So I was thinking..."

I quickly cut her off, "Hey-um. I need to tell you something-"

She stared at me. "Yeah?"

I sighed and looked at her "Okay-so when I told you-"

"Foods here!" Yelled Jacob basically throwing the tray on the table. I shut my mouth quickly.

"Yay!" clapped Tasha, moving her pursed from beside her in the booth, so he could sit by her-but instead he sat down by me. I felt my heart beat start to race extremely fast. It felt so awkward to be sitting by him right now.

Just when I thought that things could be a little normal, he goes and screws everything up again.

"Anyway," said Tasha, looking at Jacob with a little hurt. "What were you trying to tell me?" She stared at me. I took my sandwich and drink off of the tray.

"Oh. Uh." I glanced at Jacob who was smirking at me. I quickly turned away. "Uh..nothing." I unwrapped my sandwich and took a bite.

"Never mind." She sighed, "Okay. So, Jacob. Do you eat here a lot?" He took a bite of his sandwich which had almost every kind of sandwich combined into one. Gross.

"Yeah."

"Oh my God, could you chew your food before you talk..." I muttered, taking a sip of my drink. He glanced at me and smirked. Whoops.

"Tegan." he spoke, staring directly at me. Ugh. He was making me feel intimidated again. "Did you have a fun time shopping?" I looked at Tasha who was eying the two of us skeptically. I gave him a pleading look. Please, please, please don't say anything. I wanted to be the one to tell her. Not him.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I commented, stuffing my sandwich into my face and looking away.

He laughed a little. "Well, I for one, had quite an...arousing trip." He placed his hand on my thigh and I stared at him in shock.

"What?" I choked. What was he doing?

He laughed, "I said I had an amazing trip."

Tasha laughed, "Oh, well that's good. I did too." He smiled and looked towards her, his hand still gripping tightly to my leg and I was still choking on my food, coughing loudly.

Jacob glanced at me, "Are you okay?"

"I will be." I said between my teeth. "Um. I-I have to go to the bathroom." I said, hopping up, causing Jacob to chuckle. "Excuse me." I said, meaning he needed to move. Now.

He got up and stared down at me, "What's wrong?" I only shook my head and stormed towards the bathrooms in the back. Why did I waste my time with this jerk?

------

After lunch we decided to just go back to my house-Tasha was tired from her flight, surprisingly, and I was glad. The awkwardness with Jacob couldn't be more apparent. Especially since Tasha wouldn't quit flirting. It was both awkward and annoying. I was just ready to go back home and talk to the Tasha that I knew, alone.