F I V E

Hey guys! How do you feel huh? I left you on a cliffhanger for a while....

UPDATE***

I will be publishing a new chapter at least every week, due to school. ENJOYS!

||comment||feedback||vote||follow||

***********************************

  I can't breathe, before I can pass out or die, Tirana dropped me 5 feet off the ground. I fell hard on my ankles and doubled over. The nymph put one leg around me and pulled my face up to her  and called me a "Red Bitch". She spat in my face and brought down a strong wave of water on my body, pushing me against the wooden floors, splinters came on my face, my eyes were stinging. Tirana stopped and backed away looking down on me. 

"Beautiful job Tirana" said Maven into the microphone, "Matt,Michellao heal her."

The two silvers came up to me and each touched my hand, barely healing me enough to stand. Maven looked down at me from his royal box, and beckoned forward his fingers to Zach. My head began to throb, I felt like I was being pushed into a small crack on the floor at the same time the Shiver did her work, my arms began to turn purple and blue, sometime in this process I screamed and fell over-again. The healers came again. Then, Evangeline stepped up. She looked at me, then began to do her work, bringing metal pipes up and around me slicing at me like snakes. Cuts appeared up and down my body from metal she controlled. I tried to reach for the Lightning, nothing came, of course because Zach blocked out my powers. 

     The Reds watching were looking at me, some crying, and some screaming 'Stop!'. My body was shaking, my skin was burning with every slash, Evangeline laughed an evil laugh and brought more and more pipe scissors down on me. I fell over and hit my head on the floor, then the healers healed me again. The torturers stopped and stood in a line, they're  done. Before I could gather myself together water and pipes came down on me, pushing me against the floor, I couldn't see Zach anywhere, I reached for my lightning and there it was. My hands webbed with electricity, my body hummed with joy from the fantastic feeling. Then, it was gone fast as it came, Zach and the others laughed. The healers healed me again and the torturers walked away.

  Maven came down from his box and stood over me, he handed me a piece of metal.

"Do you have anything to say Mare?" He said looking at me, "Perhaps to your loved ones with the Scarlet Guard? or maybe your Prince?" He made me sit up, look at everyone watching in the face, see every camera pointed my way. I took the microphone, and I stood up with my head high.

"Rise, Red as the Dawn." Maven took the microphone away and called the guards forward, I punched one in the face and the people gasped and followed my lead. I saw a couple of teenagers gang on a guard watching over the entrances. Many of the older people ran off with their children, perfect escape, I ran off the stage, Maven was yelling and I could hear the guards running my way.

I got out of the arena and ran for the coast, but before I could Tirana got me, of course I am so stupid. I had forgotten they were Silver.

The "ceremony" as Maven called it, was cut short due to my actions, but I was glad about it. The guard threw me into the cart full of pigs and continued on. Maven's carriage would ride slowly by my cart, he would talk but I would ignore him.

"We are going to the Stilts, Mare" he said. My body jumped at the sound of my old home. I couldn't help my curiosity.

"And why would the King want to go to my home?"

Maven chuckled and answered "I thought you would get the picture by now." He continued. "
Like a coronation ceremony, you travel around my kingdom and show yourself...except not at a hall, at an arena, to show you have no power."

His car sped off and I felt my cheeks get hot, this is meant to shame me, I will not let that happen.

We continue on a bumpy dirt road for hours till I hear the familiar sound of a river and the cart's wheel trudges over mud. The streets were empty, which meant only one thing, the people are in the arena. The guards pull me out again, harder than before, I fall on the mud. I hear cars drive up after us, probably 2 dozen. When the car door closest to me opened I wanted to scream, Cameron was coming out of the car. She was shackled as well, she's here to be tortured. The other cars held silver families and our torturers. Cameron was put next to me, her eyes wide, mouth open.

"We found her unconscious at the prison." Maven was standing behind me petting my hair, I push him back and the guards put me down.

"LET HER GO!" I screamed, Cameron looked at me with sad eyes, why isn't she saying anything? We stand side by side towards the arena, the people are screaming, cheering. It must be Friday, they don't know what to expect. We walk up into the arena from a different entrance fighting Silvers must have used.

Cameron and I are forced in a small room and the door is closed.

"Change them!" barked Maven to a standing Red servant. Her hair was black and her roots were lining with grey from hard work, she jumped from the order. Cameron whimpered and I stared at her.

"I'm sorry lightning girl, for this to happen" whispered the servant as she began to take off my torn and muddy dress, she dumped a bucket of cold water over me and gave me pants and a shirt. I didn't see Zach anywhere so I tried for my powers but none came, he must be outside.

"What is your name?" I ask her, she looked at me in disbelief.

"We were in school together, for a year," she said as she continued to Cameron.

"My name is Kara," she finished and left, quick and quiet. On her way out she dropped a piece of paper I read it and said to Cameron, "We'll get out of here."

She spoke for the first time, her voice wasn't hers, it was raspy and broken.

" How do you know that?"

I looked at her.
"What happened to you?" I whisper.

"They made me drink hot liquid, and healed me, barely, it hurts a little," her eyes were glistening, her hair was messy. I had forgotten how young she was, only fifteen.

I handed her the paper that said

Rise, Red as the Dawn.