Chapter 7: Almost

Start from the beginning

"Mhm!" Hinata eagerly agreed. Already calling his mom to tell her.

Well, good thing my parents are gone for the weekend.
Oh.
That means we'll be alone....all night. I'm not sure if I was more excited or scared by that thought. I didn't have time to figure it out because Hinata was already dragging me by my hand to leave.
The walk to my house was typical. Hinata just kept talking about whatever he thought of at the moment, and I just nodded to let him know I was listening. I found that I couldn't stop staring at him, though, especially when he talked about something he was particularly excited about. His eyes would light up, and his smile. I swear that smile could save the world. I know it saved mine.

We finally made it my house, I unlocked the door and walked in Hinata close behind me, looking around at everything.

"Sorry for the intrusion," Hinata said after he took off his shoes.
"My parents aren't home," I said as I walked towards the stairs.
"Ohh. ....then we're all alone?" He asked with what seemed a somewhat fearful voice.

"Mm." I hummed, affirming what I had already said. He followed me up to my room. I put my bag on the floor next to the door and went to my closet to grab some clothes.

"I'll take a shower first," I said as I grabbed some clean clothes to change into. I turn around and see Hinata wandering around my room looking at everything.

"Oi, dumbass. Did you hear me?" I asked somewhat irritated, I just needed to take a shower...clear my mind for what I was planning on doing.

"Yes! Bakeyama..." he muttered the nickname he had given me. I just turned and went to the bathroom.

Hinata's POV:
Kageyama left, and I was alone in his room. We were alone in his house actually. This thought both scared and excited me, I wasn't sure why. Maybe this is what Suga was talking about, maybe these are the feelings that I'm supposed to tell Kageyama about. No...well maybe, Suga said to tell Kageyama what my body did whenever Kageyama was around me. I still couldn't figure out what these feelings meant, and it was getting very frustrating. The other day Suga told me that if I told Kageyama about it, I would be able to figure it out because Kageyama would know.

I walked over to Kageyama's bed and flopped down on it frustrated. What if I tell him and its a bad thing? Or he ends up hating me? I don't know what I would do. I almost instinctively grabbed his pillow and hugged it tight to my chest breathing in his scent. Nothing would be the same without Kageyama by my side.

Kageyama's POV:
The shower definitely helped me to clear my mind, I decided that I wouldn't say anything to Hinata tonight...but tomorrow, I will.

As I'm drying myself off, I almost have a heart attack because I didn't see my change of clothes and was quickly reminded of my reoccurring dream. I frantically searched for my clothes that I knew I had brought with me. I found them soon enough, but now my thoughts were clouded again because of that damn dream. I contemplated taking a cold shower but decided against it, it would be weird if I took another shower and Hinata still needed to take one.

I walk back to my room as I dry off my hair. As I open the door I see Hinata on my bed hugging my pillow. I feel my face heat up...is this a different version of the dream? I ask myself. I shake my head to regain control of my thoughts.

"Oi," I say softly to try not to startle Hinata but loud enough to get his attention. He sits straight up with the pillow still in his arms and eyes wide.

"K-Kageyama!" He stuttered as he realized he was caught doing whatever it was he was doing. I went to my closet and grabbed some clothes.

"Here. Go take your shower." I said trying to ignore what I was feeling at the moment. He quickly grabbed the clothes and left to the bathroom. As soon as he was out of the room I let out a heavy sigh.

I laid down on my bed and took out my phone to distract myself. Maybe this whole thing was a bad idea.

Soon enough Hinata was back from his shower. The clothes I had given him were a little too big, but man did it make him look extra cute. I caught myself blushing, and quickly turned my attention back to my phone.

"Did you want to do anything?" I asked trying to make things less awkward for myself.

"I think I just want to go to sleep if that's alright," Hinata asked as he rubbed his eyes, no doubt tired from all the extra practice we did earlier.

"Mm," I hum, not trusting myself to form proper words at the moment.
God, he was too cute for his own good. I just hoped he didn't notice my blush. I got up to turn off the lights and realized that I didn't have anywhere for Hinata to sleep.

Well, either from being so tired or from a lack of care Hinata had made his way into my bed and was already snuggled in under the blanket. After turning the lights off, I hesitantly got in bed as well, pulling the blanket over myself.

"Good night Kags," Hinata mumbled as his eyes closed, falling asleep in the next instant.

"Good night Shoyo," I whisper as I look at the sleeping boy in front of me. I lay there next to him for a while just admiring him. He starts to move closer to me and grabs the front of my shirt as he buries his head in my chest. My heart is pounding at this point, but I can't lose this opportunity so I wrap my arm around his waist and pull him against me. Thankfully he doesn't wake up and seems to settle into our new position. I bury my face into his hair, finding myself more than content.